Rewind.

Put test strip into glucose meter.

Prick finger.

Apply blood.

(Yawn as the meter counts down because it’s six in the morning and what’s sleep?)

Look at screen.

Blink.

Pull strip out of the meter.

Toss it into the meter back with all the other dead strips.

Zip up meter bag.

Brush teeth.

As toothpaste foam starts to drool out of my face, promptly forget what the meter result actually was.

Toothbrush hanging out of my mouth, turn meter back on and scroll back through the memory.

See result.

There it is.

Finally register result in brain.

Repeat every single day.

1. Kelli #

I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one who has to look back and see what the number was mere seconds after putting my meter away!

01/23/17; 9:40 am
    • Adrianna #

Same here, even when it’s in normal range.

01/23/17; 10:25 pm
  2. Ria #

My husband had to bring me apple juice one early dawn episode, and I told him I thought it looked and smelled like peeI was convinced it was pee ….. ( I was Really low )
    I finally somehow gagged it down …..
    Apple juice, not pee

01/23/17; 8:23 pm
  3. I know when I am low because I can not read the meter result.

I got Sheryl up one morning and said, hey would you read this for me. She got glucose. While downing the tabs, I asked what was my blood sugar. She said “I have no idea. but only if you are low would you dare wake me up to ask that”.

I was 32. Yeah, the wife is always right and do not wake her up without cause.

01/23/17; 9:08 pm
  4. Ellen Warsaw #

Not only do I do this very same thing repeatedly, I also have a similar struggle calibrating my CGM. I do a meter check, forget the test result and also forget to enter it in the receiver. By the time I remember, enough time has passed that I need to do another finger stick if Inwant true accuracy. Sigh!

01/23/17; 9:14 pm
  5. Donna Lee Ferrara #

Thank you for always letting me know that I am never alone in this battle…you ALWAYS touch on the things that we need to put on the “lighter side” in our lives because it happens to our elite group! Great laugh over this one this morning…sometimes it takes me 3X! 😀 XOX 😀

01/24/17; 12:08 pm
  6. Kristen S #

Kerri, Thank you for normalizing these moments! Also, it’s nice to know that my meter bag isn’t the only one with a stash of used test strips. Seems there’s never a trashcan nearby!

01/24/17; 7:10 pm
  7. Martha #

I’ve forgotten my meter results a zillion times. Especially when I most need to know the results because I am on the fly or have something important I’m about to do and want to make sure my BS is in range before doing it. Ugh.

01/25/17; 5:30 pm