Gift Ideas for People with Diabetes.
What do you get for the person who has everything … except a working pancreas? Here are six (until me) of my favorite d-related things:
- Medical alert jewelry. Looking for medical alert jewelry that isn’t clunky or ugly? I’ve always loved this simple, classic bracelet from StickyJ Jewelry and have been wearing it daily for the last few years. It’s comfortable and chic!
- Diabetes books. This one is entirely self-serving, but if you’re looking for some diabetes reading, you can pick up a copy of my book, Balancing Diabetes, or check out any of these other titles that are diabetes-centric. Nothing like curling up with a good, islet-inspired book.
- Jerry the Bear. How about some diabetes that you can cuddle? Check out Jerry the Bear, a stuffed animal designed to teach kids about diabetes through play. (Read more about how my daughter bonding with Jerry here.)
- Donate. You can make a difference for PWD by donating to your favorite diabetes organization or charity. Help support Children with Diabetes and keep this amazing conference going, or give thanks through the Diabetes Hands Foundation thank you cards, or consider sparing a rose to help provide life for a child.
- Diabetes accessories. Bring some festive flair to your diabetes devices with accessories from Tallygear or Myabetic. These two shops blow the basic black meter case out of the water.
- Diabetes decals. Dress up your meter, or pump, or Dexcom with some designs from PumpPeelz. You can even design your own decal right on their website!
Happy shopping, and if you have a favorite diabetes product, service, or accessory you’d like to share, please feel free to do that in the comments section.