Patient Centricity.

This could not be more brilliant.  Or, sadly, more true.

Time to bust up the buzzwords and hold organizations accountable for their claims.

patient centricity

[the image says 2013 Copyright SocialMediaPearls but I couldn’t find a direct link to this cartoon on that website … if you know the source of this material, please let me know so I can properly credit]

1. Well, that picture paints a thousand stories. How many patient panels have you sat on and been talked at by the “experts”? For me it’s been all too many.

02/23/16; 12:25 pm
  2. Nolan Kienitz #

Kind of like congress … national and state level. We little folks don’t count for much

02/23/16; 7:29 pm
  3. Ken #

It all depends on if you have great insurance

02/23/16; 7:51 pm
  4. Yes, absolutely, we count more than anyone in that cartoon. Organizations need to hear us and respond in kind. With good responses. Or even great ones.

02/23/16; 8:38 pm
  5. Dan #

Hi Kerri,
    The cartoon says it all. Great addition. Two comments.
    1. The ability to communicate through the social media, DOC, is bringing a rapid
    perspective into view and discussion.
    2. Some consideration and discussion needs to begin on the collection, and sharing of
    T1D personal data. The size of the numbers is large.
    The true point is the ability to share subtle changes which can impact our individual care.
    Thanks for the insight. As always have a great day.
    Dan

02/24/16; 10:00 am
  6. Oh so true. Honestly, I can’t tell you how annoyed I get when Scientific Sessions and AADE roll around and I get email after email from pharma companies asking if I”ll be attending. I would LOVE to attend these things, but the cost for patients to attend is so prohibitive. And I feel like pharma companies should understand that, shouldn’t they? *sigh*

Sorry for the rant.

But last thought, maybe I should reply to all of them this year and tell them exactly what I said here . . . .

02/24/16; 2:28 pm