Diabetes Lifehack: Travel Tape.

Sometimes it’s an insulin pump infusion set that starts to peel back.  Other times it’s a Dexcom sensor that gives up on the edges and needs reinforcement.  And there are times when you just need a band-aid for one of those rogue blisters that pops up.

Which is why I keep little slips of Opsite Flexifix tape tucked into my wallet.  Because you never know when you might need an (opsite flexi)fix.

#diabeteslifehack

A photo posted by Kerri Sparling (@sixuntilme) on

(There you go, Opsite.  Your new tagline, perhaps?)

1. Tim Steinert #

My problem is that the moment I need a flexfix I am usually a little flustered and I forget which side to cut (paper or plastic) and which way to cut it. Remind me now (when I’m not aggravated with my #&&^^$## infusion set) how it’s done.

I often use my Medtronic overtape for the same purpose and confuse which way it is easier to cut (from the paper or the sticky side) with the Opsite particulars.

08/14/15; 11:37 am
  2. Stefan Rubin #

And a little easier than ye olde crazy glue hack

08/14/15; 12:15 pm
  3. I keep 3M Tegaderm Transparent Dressing on hand. A box of 50 is $28.49 on Amazon.com. I cut them in half. One half covers the entire area around a Dexcom CGMS sensor.

08/14/15; 1:49 pm
  4. i was using some crappy tape i found at the drugstore to get a few more days out of my dexcom. but i’ve started hearing from other dexcom users who use other sticking products that help them get way more mileage out of the dexcom than i thought possible! anyway, i just got a few samples of various tapes from my diabetic educator, and this opsite flixifix was the sample i have on now. i love it so much, or just ordered some off of amazon. didn’t even bother trying the others out. 😉

08/14/15; 3:17 pm
  5. Me, too. (Strips of Opsite.)

08/14/15; 6:25 pm
  6. I had read on your blog before about Opsite Flex. I love the stuff. It can be a bit tricky to get used to at first. I just now cut two strips and tacked down my new sensor that decided to try to give up it’s edges not even four hours in. What I like is the fact that there is no tape irritation. I was traveling and ran to the local drug store and picked up what they had once. I had a blister after three hours. Now I too cut the Opsite into little strips and have some in my emergency coin purse along with my Ibuprofen and the like. Thanks for all of the great tips!

08/14/15; 11:45 pm