A Beautiful Attempt.

Right now, outcomes are not reflecting the things I’m doing to manage diabetes every day.  And that pisses me off.

I need to remind myself that every attempt at keeping diabetes in line is worth it.  Even if the results haven’t quite caught up with the efforts.

1. Allison #

Soooo there today. Basal rate testing that I thought was done is totally coming undone today. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But thanks for the totally synced up post!

04/17/14; 11:10 am
  2. Allie #

UGH. Couldn’t agree more… I think this image prettttty much sums it up…

Days like this and I look at that (now saved on my phone) have a laugh, possibly a little cry and then pull my shit together … oh & rage bolus (all but the rage bolus are highly recommend!!)

Good luck!

04/17/14; 11:56 am
  3. Tim Steinert #

Trying to figure out why a formerly 6.5% effort is rewarded with a 7.4% is crazy-making for me. I think I’ve narrowed it down to syringes (their inconsistent manufacture). It has brought me to the place of pursuing a pump. If my doses of insulin are up to a unit off, I figure I need to change that dynamic. I think a tenth of a unit is a MUCH better dosing interval. Wish me luck!

04/17/14; 12:09 pm
    • Good luck! Precision dosing was a BIG selling point for using an insulin pump for me. I hope it works well for you, if that’s the route you take. 🙂

04/17/14; 12:23 pm
  4. It’s been one of those weeks for me, too! Not one, but two infusion site issues ( which I rarely have) and the result of it all has caused me to be grouchy at my family and then comes the guilt…ugh!!!

04/17/14; 1:27 pm
  5. We all have those moments. Hope you have less of them in the future.

04/17/14; 1:58 pm
  6. Aside from realizing that I too need to do better in trying to figure out exactly what’s to blame for my crazy-D, something else comes to mind:

I need to start doing my D-math on windows. And is shall become, Window D-Math Art!

04/17/14; 2:10 pm
  7. Inspiring!
    Thanks

04/17/14; 6:52 pm
  8. Cherise Shockley #

I’m right there with you.

04/17/14; 9:46 pm
  9. Yes! Its soooo easy to get frustrated- same thing, same thing, different results. Ah well, it keeps things interesting I guess.

04/17/14; 10:02 pm
  10. Robert smith #

Some times this trying to keep my sugar in check gets to me some days I eat one thing and eat the same thing the next day and totally different readings it drives me crazy
    Bob

04/17/14; 10:43 pm
  11. Kris #

I was just thinking about this yesterday actually. I’m 32 weeks pregnant and we just made some HUGE adjustments to my insulin to account for that wonderful placenta. I can just THINK about a piece of candy and my blood sugar spikes. It’s ridiculous. One thing works one day and the next doesn’t work at all. It’s all a balancing act. One of the most difficult things to deal with I’d say. I’m trying harder than I’ve ever tried to control my sugars and it all seems so hopeless sometimes. But then I see that little guy on an ultrasound and quickly remember none of it matters as long as he is healthy! I’d check my sugars 1,000 times a day for him. I’ll just keep chuggin’ along, and remember diabetes can’t get me down! I got this!

04/18/14; 9:12 am