Inset/Outset.

Most of the time (read: every other time except this one), the cannula is laced through the insertion needle on the insets for my insulin pump infusion sets.  But this infusion set was attacked by diabetes gremlins, because the cannula made a run for it before I even opened the spaceship pod:

Insulin pump inset ... er, outset.

Insulin pump inset … er, outset.

Scott, on Facebook, quipped it best:  “It appears that instead of an Inset, they gave you an Outset.”

UPDATED:  I opened the set this morning.  No tubing, either.  Gremlins!!

1. That is so strange! Obviously this guy missed a major part of the maufacturing line and was still able to be closed up for consumer use. Those darn diabetes gremlins.

03/27/14; 9:54 am
  2. That’s what I do best. I quip. 🙂

Seriously though, what happens if, as a result of this, they find a major manufacturing flaw Unomedical? What if they have to shut the factory down? WHAT IF THERE ARE NO MORE INFUSION SETS??!!?

03/27/14; 10:10 am
  3. Had one without a canula one time. Didn’t discover until hours AFTER putting it in and being unable to do anything to a steadily-rising sugar.

03/27/14; 10:12 am
  4. Kerri, where you eating carbs after midnight again…? Maybe they were on the infusion set manufacturing line. Probably.

03/27/14; 2:52 pm
  5. Kathy Early #

Hi Kerri. I hope you let the manufacturer know about this! They have obviously had a malfunction and I’m sure you not the only person getting these faulty (and pricey) supplies. I hope they can refund/replace these for you (and others). Here’s to hoping you get no more Diabetes Gremlins!

03/27/14; 5:22 pm
  6. How in the….?!

I wonder if it was a person or a robot that failed? Or a half person/half robot?

I’ve had some crazy bent sets straight out of the package but no missing pieces so far.

03/30/14; 10:46 pm