If I Knew Then: Insulin Pumps.

At the Medtronic diabetes advocacy forum this past weekend [disclosure], there was a brand-agnostic discussion about the things we wish we had known before starting on an insulin pump.  I’ve been pumping since 2004, and switching from injections to the pump was a big hurdle for me, for physical and emotional reasons:

I wish I had known that wearing a medical device was going to be an easy physical integration.  Even back in 2004, the Medtronic 512 insulin pump (in “smoke” – my first pump) was smaller than a box of raisins and the infusion set was about the size of a quarter.  In terms of straight real-estate, the pump didn’t take up that much room on my body.  (Thought the first thing I had to do was confirm that.  Even though I was supposed to wait until my official “pump training” at Joslin later in the month, I wasn’t good at following those rules*, so when the pump was delivered, I had to bust it out.  I remember ripping it open and sticking a test infusion set onto my abdomen to make sure it was a good decision.  That first infusion set was a moment of panic and change.  The subsequent 1,200 have been pretty meh, though.)

I wish I had known that going to the bathroom was going to be a strange, new journey.  That first week on the pump was a precarious one … for the pump, because it was under constant threat of falling into the toilet, being dropped into the sink, and smashed against the cold, tile floor.  The act of unzipping and lowering skirts, pants, and shorts became this awkward dance (the tubing tango? the don’t-forget-to-bolus-for-the-mashed potato?  the Lantus lambada?  the basal ballet?) to avoid disconnecting the tubing or pulling out the site or getting tangled up in the damn thing.

I wish I had known that the pump would become a discreet visual cue to my fellow PWDs that we were part of the same family, so to speak.  It’s an instant connection; when I see someone on the subway with their tubing sticking out of the pocket of their jeans (or disco boobs), I know we have something intimate and intense in common.  When I hear the *boop beep boop” or the tuneless lilt of Fur Elise coming from a fellow airplane passenger, I want to send them a drink (orange juice, if they’re low).  Instant connection.

I wish I had known, and had been certain, that taking care of my health was sexier than any medical device wasn’t.  My A1C is in a range I’m happy with.  My health is very good, especially considering almost thirty years with type 1 diabetes.  It’s possible to run races, get busy, and travel with an insulin pump on tap.  All of the moments of self-consciousness I’ve had in regards to diabetes really do pale in comparison to how my hard work, my medical team, and advances in diabetes technology help keep me alive and well.  (But I also wish that the community, as a whole, wouldn’t assign pumps as “necessary” for diabetes control.  Pumps are a tool that I’m grateful we have available to us, but not using an insulin pump doesn’t equal out to “not trying hard enough.”  MDI works really well for some people.  Your diabetes may vary.)

I wish I had known how important micro-dosing would become to me.  On injections, correcting a blood sugar of 140 mg/dL down to 100 mg/dL meant taking the risk of gaffing up the insulin dose, either from drawing up too much into the syringe, or too little, or having some of the dose leak back out of my skin at the injection site.  With the pump, I can correct with precision.  As rage-bolus‘er, this is a helpful option.

I wish I had known how grateful I’d be for my insulin pump in the last few months of my pregnancy.  Constantly changing basal rates and insulin:carb ratios were tough to track, but easy to implement using an insulin pump.  And being able to track the amount and frequency of the insulin I was dosing helped me best-juggle all the chaos of being pregnant with type 1 diabetes.

And I wish I had known it wasn’t permanent.  Diabetes, and not making my own insulin anymore, is permanent.  As it stands now, there isn’t anything I can do to coax my islets into doing their jobs, but I can choose to put on my insulin pump, and I can choose to take it off.  On the days when the pump is frustrating me and making me feel like it’s going through a Grinch-heart-growing-three-sizes moment, I can revert back to multiple daily injections until I’m emotionally ready to suit up again.  A tattoo is more permanent, and way harder to remove on a whim, than my insulin pump.  Had I realized how pumping is an option, not a mandate, I would have switched over years earlier and been better for it.

What did you wish you had known, before changing diabetes therapies?

1. Katie S. #

I wish I had better understood that using a pump still requires work on the part of the wearer. I got my first pump a few days before turning 16. My A1Cs had always been fairly high and I didn’t have much of a semblance of “control” back then, but I wanted a pump because all the cool kids at camp had one. The doctors and pump reps also sold me on how great it was to be on a pump–you can sleep in, you can skip meals if you want, you can eat just about anything and bolus for it, etc. It made me think that just wearing the pump would magically lower my A1Cs. Turns out that wasn’t true (shocker!). It’s only now, years later, that I see the value in my pump as I consciously work to lower my A1C. I’ve never regretted my decision to switch, but it wasn’t the magic bullet I was expecting at the time.

01/13/14; 10:55 am
  2. Cecilia #

I have no experience yet changing insulin therapies as I was just diagnosed in October and have only been doing daily injections. My first endocrinologist appointment is Thursday and this post couldn’t have come at a better time. I have utilized the online diabetes community to research the heck out of insulin pumps/CGMs to ready myself for my appointment and your blog is no exception. The thought of switching to a pump overwhelms me right now, but to be reminded that it is not a ‘permanent option’ is comforting. Thank you for this.

01/13/14; 10:57 am
  3. I just switched from MDI to an insulin pump in November. I started laughing about the new journey of going to the bathroom and getting dressed because I’m still adjusting with all of that. I forget the pump is there, which I suppose is good in a way. I always enjoy your posts because I’m able to relate so much to it. Your last paragraph stands out the most to me because no one has explained all of that to me. It’s good information to have in the back of my mind should I have a day when I just can’t deal with the pump.

01/13/14; 11:11 am
  4. Thanks for this, Kerri (and hi!). Having had my fair share of accidental rip-offs and “oh-crap-I-dropped-it-on-a-tile-floor” moments (not to mention the occasional toilet dip) I am totally with you on the relearning how to pull your pants down bit. I think I also wish I’d known that a. seeing the pump for the first time can be surprisingly upsetting (as we discussed, I think it had to do with having a physical reminder of the fact that I had a disease) and b. that I’d get over it. These days, I cannot imagine NOT having my pump. It’s only when I see other people’s reactions to it (“Wait, you have to wear that even when you’re sleeping?”) that I remember that it’s kind of weird to have to be attached to a machine 24/7 in order to stay alive. (And I am reminded to be thankful that such a machine exists!)

01/13/14; 11:11 am
  5. Tory #

I wish I had known the greatness of the Dexcom CGM. I just got mine in December and I honestly can’t live without it. It is so much comfort to know where my blood sugar is at all times and know that if it isn’t where it is supposed to be the Dexcom will make sure that I know. I love it and wish that I had known earlier and that when I was younger, my parents had known about the huge impact it could have made in my life.

01/13/14; 11:27 am
  6. Courtney #

I touched on this in one of my blog posts about why I pump, but I wish I had known exactly how much I was missing out on in terms of flexibility in meal times (I switched shortly after turning 13). Nobody ever wanted to have me stay the night because I had to wake up at 6:30 to eat. I was diagnosed at 7, so I was used to it. It wasn’t a big deal to me.

I got my first pump before the bolus wizard was a thing, and, though I loved my pump, I loved it so much more after the bolus wizard.

01/13/14; 11:53 am
  7. Emily Hastings #

Hi there, Emily H from the UK here,
    (long term lurker, very infrequent commenter; Cushing’s Syndrome (diabetes and other fun stuff) due to long term steroids for severe chronic lung disease)

Re: insulin leaking back out of your skin after you’ve injected, do PWDs in the US get taught to use therapeutic air when doing sub-cutaneous injections? Actually, I’m not sure if PWDs in the UK do – I’ve never been on sub-cut insulin. But I was on treatment dose Clexane (enoxaparin – sold as Lovenox in the US) for nine months or so a while back, and I’m on prophylactic dose Clexane every time I’m in hospital, and the pre-made syringes come with a little bubble of air, which you are supposed to make sure is right up by the plunger when you inject it, so that it goes in last and fills the track in the skin, supposedly reducing the amount of drug that dribbles back out. Since being on the Clexane, I’ve tried to do a similar thing when I’ve given myself any small volume sub-cut injections (mostly anti-sickness injections). I think it does help to ensure that more of the drug goes into me than onto my pyjamas!

I’ve no idea whether it would work or be a good idea for people on MDI who are injecting micro amounts of insulin, or even whether it would be totally contra-indicated! – so please don’t change anything without discussing with a healthcare professional! It’s worth pointing out, though, just so that you don’t all think I’m totally insane (always presuming that ship hasn’t already sailed) that injecting small amounts of air sub-cut is not dangerous in and of itself, unlike injecting air intravenously (although even then, apparently, you’d need to be injected with about 9ml of air to put you in danger – although personally, I’d rather not take the risk! – I am a bit OCD about getting every tiny bubble out, if I’m giving myself IV meds).

Anyway, just thought I’d mention – might be of use to someone, somewhere.

Emily H

01/13/14; 11:55 am
  8. Hi– First, I’m glad you could make it to California, and I hope it was a great experience this time.

This is gonna sound strange, but frankly, I didn’t know much about insulin therapy at all, let alone pumping, before I took the plunge. The one thing I was totally ignorant of was the idea of insulin on board. With the increased flexibility of bolus-on-the-go that comes with pumping, it’s easy to make a huge mistake if you don’t do your math right. I wish pump companies would make sure their trainers covered that well when schooling someone new to pumping. Thanks

01/13/14; 1:27 pm
  9. When my old endo used to bring up going on a pump at every appointment years ago, I couldn’t get past the part of having something attached to me. I didn’t understand how much more you can control insulin dosing and wish I had and I probably would have given the pump a try much sooner. More precise doses, only short acting insulin so no worries about having that 20 units of lantus in you like it or not, and the ability to both temporarily and permanently change your insulin rate whenever needed. That’s what I wish I knew.

01/13/14; 1:39 pm
  10. I wish I had known that the resentment I thought I’d feel – Just wasn’t there. I was convinced I would get annoyed/hate the fact it’s attached to my body but it’s not like that at all. One thing that has surprised me since starting in October is the frustration I have with infusion sets!

The beautiful thing about my pump that I was told and didn’t believe/didn’t know how to believe is the stability. As a diabetic of 10 years, it still astounds me that I can be a number before bed and the same after with a pump

01/13/14; 2:40 pm
  11. Anita J #

Hey ladies- I laughed at the part of the poor pump in the bathroom – I was the same way when I got mine years ago – then someone, someplace, I don’t even remember who – said, get a bra with a center section and put it in there – ever since that day, mine live nestled in there and it doesn’t show a bit – unless I have on a tshirt and it slides crooked during exercise class!

01/13/14; 4:05 pm
  12. Kim #

I was just diagnosed with type 1 at 35 yrs old. All my doctors are of course pushing the pump. I’m not ready yet but it’s nice to read these stories. Hopefully one day I can find it a useful accessory.

01/13/14; 9:30 pm
  13. This post is for Kim. I was diagnosed — out of nowhere — at age 35, too. I did not ” Accept” the pump until about 6 yrs later. Who the hell wants medical devices strapped to you 24/7. ? I resisted it for many of the same reasons listed here by Kerri ( love the post). Looking back, I was ignorant. Your health and your glucose control will be better on a pump. It is not the ” silver bullet” … or magic A1c reducing pill. But it’s important to try it out. I use a pump and DexCom 4 now and am glad that I do. Good Luck in your decision making process.

01/14/14; 12:37 am
  14. Meg #

Found your site today. I was looking for ways to attach my pump to my body. Today is day 1 with an insulin pump. I’ve been on MDI for 11 years. So far, so good, except what to do with the pump when you pee (I stuck it in my bra). Excercise happens tomorrow. I guess I’ll wear my shirt with the zipper pocket and see how that goes. (or stick it in my bra…but I sweat…alot.) Thank you…read a bunch of your posts. We are the same age and have a somewhat similar home…cats, kids, husbands….. I didn’t really think twice about having something attached. I have a bone anchored hearing aid. They had to surgically implant a post in my skull for that one. This seems small in comparison. However, I wasn’t sure what an infusion set really meant. I wasn’t sure if they had to put something in me permanently. Boy was I happy to learn it’s just a tiny needle every three days. Sure beats the 4 to 6 needles a day for the past 11 years. That’s over 16,000 needle sticks. I’m looking at around 1400 infusion sets in the next 11 years. By then, I’m sure they will have this thing cured.

01/14/14; 1:13 am
  15. Susan #

I was diagnosed after my daughter was born almost 4 years ago. I have an appointment with my endo in February and I have finally decided to take the plunge. Thanks for this.

01/14/14; 8:44 am
  16. June S. #

I worked backward, some would say, by going from 35 years of injections to the OmniPod for one year. At first I loved it, but then began having what I know now were what a traditional pumper would call “infusion site issues.” I wear the Medtronic Revel with CGM, and for me, the CGM aspect is the most annoying, in terms of my needing to have the pump always accessible so I can turn off the various alarms. Wearing in a bra is out, so is a garter, etc. From the wardrobe standpoint, for me, the combo. pump/CGM means I never wear dresses, and that still bothers me. However, from the standpoint of never needing to pop in the Ladies’ room at a restaurant or even at a large family dinner, to take an injection, is still a novelty. For that reason, I would never give up my pump!

01/14/14; 12:36 pm
  17. As usual I’m late to the party, catching up on some of your posts. I disagree with this “But I also wish that the community, as a whole, wouldn’t assign pumps as “necessary” for diabetes control.”

*Not* b/c I disagree with what it says but the message it sends to health insurance companies! 🙂 In light of everything happening in America health-wise I’m afraid it’s going to be harder and more expensive to get pumps and supplies covered. I was told last year by an OmniPod rep that they were having more trouble getting insurers to cover than they were the year before. 🙁

I’ve been T1 for a year and a half (mid-30s) and am doing MDI, but considering the pump. So far MDI works okay but is inconvenient. My daughter (12 now) was diagnosed 5 years ago and went to a pump after a year b/c MDI did NOT work for her.

As far as advocacy and personal comfort, when out in public I try to test and dose in public. I don’t want my daughter to be embarrassed by diabetes. It really has changed how I view treating and talking about diabetes, it isn’t just for her anymore but for me and possibly any of our 3 other children.

02/15/14; 8:39 pm
    • I think insurance companies should approve pumps for EVERYONE with type 1 diabetes, but I think that everyone with type 1 diabetes should have the option to use a pump. I hope that makes sense!

02/16/14; 2:25 pm
      • I completely agree! Just as you said it. I wish my daughter’s insurance would approve a CGM. 🙁

02/17/14; 6:51 pm
  18. shane #

Just a tip wrap hose around belt loop or belt will stop it from snagging on things other than when you use restroom simply unhook the set to use restroom

07/6/14; 1:56 am
  19. breda #

hi im diabetic 14yrs type 1 my doc has been replaced by another from other side of the country and he wants me on the pump whereas she had said no originally… is there a need to change my A1c is great so im not to pushed! ?? do ye reccommend it?

10/29/14; 12:19 pm
    • ChrisinColorado #

Hi Breda~
      It’s awesome that you have great control! Did you ask the doc why he feels it would be a wise choice for you? He may have some very good reasons for that suggestion.
      I was diagnosed with T1D at 27, so do not have the experience of dealing with diabetes as a teenager, however, a couple of friends of mine with teenagers on pumps say it is very helpful for their control. Your hormones over the next few years may affect your diabetes and make it harder to control. For that reason, it may be beneficial for you to have a pump. I would think that if your control is good on injections, then maybe just keep doing what works but be open to the possibility of pumping.
      There are always pros and cons to any therapy and insulin pumping is no different. The biggest benefit for me has been the flexibility with meals. I no longer HAVE to have lunch or dinner within a short window because my insulin will peak and my BG will drop rapidly. Sick days are easier because it’s so quick and easy to take insulin to manage my BG, which tends to go high quickly. It has made exercise easier because I can reduce the amount of insulin I’m getting during an activity (that would probably be helpful in PE class or sports for you). Also, as Kerri said, there is a kind of instant camaraderie that happens when you meet others with pumps.
      The biggest downside to pumping is having this little machine as your constant companion. I’ll be honest, it can get annoying! But…it is usually short lived:) There can be some site issues after years and years of pumping. Overall though, I’d say it’s been a change that has improved the quality of life for me.
      I wish you continued success in managing your diabetes with whatever method works for you!

11/10/14; 12:25 pm
  20. Good read about switching to a pump.

12/15/14; 5:15 pm
  21. Todd #

The insulin pump (Medronic) was the worst thing ever for me. The problem has never been taking a shot. The problem has always been how fast the insulin would react. Never consistent to an extreme. Apedra is the only one that works worth 2 cents. Humalog and Novolog work like an intermediate term insulin at best. I believe they are just the wrong genetic makeup. This happened day one of having to go to genetically engineered insulin. I am very active and in fact activity is the main driving force in speed of reaction times But one never knows ahead of time how the activity levels will change. I’ve been told it is NOT insulin sensitivity as I use relatively very little (for my weight and carb intake), The only way I can manage my blood sugar is through eating. There the reacton is consistent (given the carb intake). A continuous blood glucose monitor has been a life saving item for me. With it ,A1C runs 5.5 to 5.3 verses with the pump 6.9 to 6.7. It keeps getting better too. If you are an active person and insulin reaction times seem inconsistent, I would think twice about the pump. It will only complicate something which is already not working right.

01/11/15; 4:36 pm
    • Wendy #

Omg! Me too! I play Russian roulette with my blood sugar every time I eat! I’m on Apidra, too, but it hasn’t helped me.(And I don’t eat crap- all carbs come from veggies, meat cheese + nuts, with the exception of sugar free creamer in a.m.) I changed from MDI to a pump 9 weeks ago, and I’m afraid I’m not impressed.

07/23/16; 7:32 pm
      • Robin #

Interesting comments. I switched to a pump and CGM in September and my control has improved massively, but the way my body reacts to the insulin (Novorapid) is still very unpredictable – there are times it works perfectly, and others it doesn’t seem to be working at all before my sugars suddenly come down maybe three hours later. I’d always put it down to Lantus absorption but I still have days when I’m fighting highs all day and others when I’m fighting lows.

For what it’s worth, I do find having the pump makes it easier to fight those battles though, although the Dexcom has possibly played a bigger part in bringing my A1C down.

01/9/17; 2:45 pm
  22. Steven #

This has really helped me get a better understanding of what is to come with the pump. I am a 16 year old male who was diagnosed 2 days ago and thinking about using the pump in the near future. Thank you.

01/13/15; 5:03 pm
  23. Eddy Frayna #

Two Omni Pad insulin pump distributors were telling me that insulin pumps are not covered under Medicare Part B. I have a commercial insurance as primary and Medicare Part B as secondary ( not supplemental, meaning commercial insurance pays about 90%, Medicare Part B pays 10 % , with no cost to me, otherwise. I pay 10% as copayment , with out the benefit of having Medicare B as secondary). Are there insulin pump users out there with similar dilemna?

01/26/15; 11:09 am
  24. Turlo #

Hey all, I have some experience with insulin pumps and the such. I was diagnosed when I was 2 years old, I’m 29 now. I took insulin when there was only R and N (for those who remember, those were dark days). Humalog and carb counting came out and it was a turning point in my life since I had the option of what I could eat. The insulin pump is another step toward the better. I have had an insulin pump for 16 years.

1) The pump is attached, but it really isn’t that bad. I have the Medtronic and it has a clip so I don’t usually have to worry about it falling on the floor. However, there are times the tube will hook on a door knob and throw it at the floor with no clip. Still works, its tough. No issues. Once I run the tube through my clothes I forget about it. As a teenager it was a little embarrassing since people would point it out sometimes but it was fun telling people how it worked and see their faces react showing them the pump site.

2) Not all insulin works on all people. I tried Novolog and Aphidra and it doesn’t work as I expect it. Humalog is consistent and steady for me. It starts to work in 5min and levels smoothly.

3) Insurance companies are jumping on the band wagon to support insulin pumps. I waited 10 years for CGM while insurance companies waited for evidence it was helpful. Its here finally and its improving. Medtronics system is in the ballpark of $10k full price so it would be hard for a company to stomach that. I think in the future we will see more accept insulin pumps. I haven’t had the omnipod but it seems to be one that isn’t supported as well. It may be because the delivery system and the programming system is separated and that is an issue (just a guess, not sure). Anyway, my experience is that it will be supported sooner than later.

4) Infusion sets are fine. They’re getting better and better. Have some faith and try them out to see what ones work best for you. They shouldn’t hurt (if they do, there is an issue and there’s another infusion set that addresses it). I’ve used the silhouette (harpoon), Medtronics CGM sensor (harpoon II), quick-set, soft-set, soon I will have used the t-set (metal cannula) and the new CGM insert (smaller harpoon). They all have their pluses and minuses. Almost always they go in nice. infrequently, they don’t and you try somewhere else.

Unless your process is as good as #Todd (congratulations Todd) the pump will be a benefit. In addition, the CGM will be the best. I hate the CGM insertion needle but the best thing is that you can use the CGM to update your basals, carb ratios, etc. and then when that is set you can go off of it and leave it until you need it again.

If cost is your concern, syringes are cheaper and you can control well with them. Watch for blood sugar swings during the night. I took a break from the pump and during that break I found my BG’s would go low and rebound every night. I decided to go back on the pump (4 months later) and it solved the late night lows.

I hate diabetes, but I love talking about it.

03/23/15; 10:14 am
  25. Bridget #

Thank you! The bathroom paragraph made me laugh. Even after 8 years of pumping, I forget where my pump is (or where the injection site is) and often almost drop it/pull it out. Ugh! Your last paragraph made me cry. I do have days where I just have to leave it off and I didn’t know others do that! It is a frustrating reminder of a chronic illness that requires as much consideration and balancing/juggling as a 2nd full-time job and that is more frustrating when injecting the cannula hurts or I’ve accidentally yanked out the site. However, if you don’t use a pump, get one! I wish I had started on pump therapy years earlier. It is far less of a hassle than MDI and carrying bottles/syringes everywhere. Knowing your insulin-on-board, and using other pump features, is a huge benefit!

08/10/15; 11:17 pm
  26. Vicki #

I was first diagnosed with borderline diabetes and hypoglycemia at age 20 following a 5 hour glucose tolerance test. This followed dropping out of college when I began getting dressed for classes and then being too tired to walk to them.

After that diagnosis, I began seriously counting to carbs and realized how much sugar was hidden in so many regular foods. I soon found out how much better I felt and how eating something sweet made me feel so sleepy I would have to take a nap.

In my early 30s, my internal medicine doctor, who specializes in diabetes, suggested/encouraged I go on a pump–at each visit. I just could not imagine having to wear a medical device on my body all the time. I believed it would be so limiting to my daily life and work (I am a special education school teacher).

About 10 years later,, I finally decided to try a pump, with the added benefit of the CGM to help me manage my blood sugar.

That was truly the best decision I ever made!

Yes, it had a learning curve and initially took about 15-20 minutes each time I changed a set because I was so afraid of making a mistake. (I am a “brittle” diabetic and would have been diagnosed at age 20 by today’s fasting glucose standards.)

Now I can’t imagine my life without the pump. Yes, I too do the potty dance with the tubing and sometimes my pump hits the floor. I think it even fell in the toilet once.

But since it replaces my basal insulin at several different rates according to the needs of my body, I feel much better overall. I can eat a smaller portion when I want and then eat some more with a simple additional bolus.

My diabetes pump educator, who herself wore an insulin pump, said something to me that totally changed my outlook on wearing the pump (and sometimes the CGM). I was feeling self-conscious that I would be wearing a medical device that would be seen/noticed by others. I asked how if she ever felt self-conscious.

Her reply…”Never. It’s just a part of me, it’s part of who I am.”

Since I got over the learning curve for the pump and later, the CGM, I now feel the same way.

It’s just a part of who I am. And I am rarely self-conscious about it. Ever. 🙂

01/14/16; 4:06 pm
  27. Gill #

Ok party people, I’m a late onset type 1 who was eventually persuaded if the benefits of the pump. I think it saved my life. I just had one small problem…… I live and work in Manhattan – we have passed the decade where i could have passed my pump off as a pager…. I’m an overt pump wearer and have fielded a million questions with ease. However. I like wearing dresses and other outfits where I would like to hide my pump. I also have big boobs so I can’t hide it down my bra as I was advised during my training. So, what I want to know (with some trepidation) is how u ladies deal with it? I’ve read on blogs that people have done some sewing with pockets but I can’t sew to save my life, and I’m thinking there must be another way. What have u guys found that fixes this? Or what frustrates u? Or, what would help you? Thanks for ur insights….

03/11/16; 2:07 am
    • e. #

Gill – get thigh-high pantyhose (the kind that stay up without a garter) and cut off the hose. Just use the top part with the stuff that sticks to your skin, and tuck your pump in there.

04/12/16; 3:58 pm
    • Sandy Brooks #

Gill, go to ur local dry cleaners/tailor shop and ask them to put a pocket in the side seam of ur dresses. I wish I lived closer so as a sewer, I could do it for u. This is a simple fix for an experienced tailor and should be a cheap fix or at least worth the investment in ur fav dreses.

or make a small hole in thr side seam, and wear a belt with the dress to hold ur pump, but the pocket fix is more convenient and is much easier to hide or at least not take away from the look that ur going for w ur dress!! Good luck!!!

05/31/16; 10:08 pm