Not Prescribed.

There are things that I use, regularly, to manage my type 1 diabetes that never end up on a prescription pad, but are instrumental in making the diabetes integration in my life reasonably seamless.  (In related news, I’ve never, ever owned a small purse.)

[None of this is medical advice.  You shouldn't ever be taking anything from the Internet as actual medical advice, especially from me.  I can't even whistle.]

1. You’ve never owned a small purse! My pants pockets are always full!

12/9/13; 1:04 pm
  2. Sam #

Hey Kerri – what’s the full name of the toughpads and tape you use? And where do you get them? I desperately need new sticky things that work and don’t leave gross black tape residue all over me!

12/9/13; 1:38 pm
  3. Alcohol swabs, juice boxes, AAA batteries, empty fabric softener bottles for sharps containers….I’m trying to think of those other things that are always on my packing list :)

12/9/13; 2:27 pm
  4. Ana #

You’re absolutely right! And the list goes on and on… I’m under the impression that my purse get a size larger with every year that goes by!

12/9/13; 2:38 pm
  5. Ana #

So, so right…

12/9/13; 5:21 pm
  6. Absolutely! never had a small purse, always carry my meter, CGM, insulin pen, jellybeans (no glucose tabs!), a bar of some kind, alcohol swabs…I know we can all relate!

12/9/13; 5:50 pm
  7. Liz #

For my daughter it’s Juicy Juice Apple juice! I am always nervous when I get down to one package. I usually by 2-3 at a time! We live by alcohol wipes and IV prep too.

12/9/13; 7:02 pm
  8. Christine #

Hi-C juice boxes, IV prep, opsite flexifix (that is miracle tape!), glucolift, alcohol pads, medic alert bracelets, AAA batteries, plastic baggies (for protecting the pump and CGM when it rains), scissors to cut the tape, possibly a cloth head band to work as a makeshift pump holder on my leg, daily gummy vitamins, naproxen (no acetaminophen since it messes with the CGM results), eye drops for those dry eyes during highs, etc etc. I carry a duffel, not a purse…

12/12/13; 12:37 am