So Much of the Thanks.

On the eve of Thanksgiving, I’m thankful.

Thankful for two, daft gray cats who rotate around this house instigating trouble, but who happily curl up on the couch with us at night.   For job opportunities that fill my life with meaning.  For family and family.  For the husband who tolerates, with amazing patience, all of me.  For the all-in hugs that Birdy issues in the morning, with her hair a stratosphere-tickling tangle and feet shuffling, but her eyes wide open, ready to experience everything.

And I’m thankful for access to insulin.  As a person living with type 1 diabetes, I depend on insulin.  Without access to insulin, I would be dead.

But tomorrow, and every day, so many people who need insulin do not have access to it.  The global diabetes community needs our help, and Insulin for Life can serve as the compassionate conduit between those who can give and people with diabetes around the world who are in need.    You can donate through their website by clicking here.

Give yourself another reason to be thankful:  be thankful that you have the opportunity to save a life.

1. This post is so inspiring and serves as a great reminder to be thankful for your blessings, not just not but all the time. Thanks for sharing.

11/27/13; 11:49 am
  2. And we are all thankful for YOU and for helping guide us through our own lives with diabetes and helping us be empowered to learn more. Always!
    Happy Turkey Day to you and your family!! (looking forward to the turkey handprints for this year….or did I miss them?)

11/27/13; 12:31 pm
  3. I have shared the link to this post on my blog as well, I think that IFL’s mission is a great one. We truly should be thankful that we have so much easier access to insulin or access at all. I could not imagine being the parent of that little girl, watching her die from something that can be treated and not being able to get it for her. How incredibly terrible. I am so glad that she got insulin and survived.

11/27/13; 4:27 pm
  4. Completed and Thank You. Hope you get some rest. Happy Thanksgiving.

11/27/13; 7:29 pm
  5. Gaz #

I worthy course but how many americans diabetics are out there who can not afford insurance or health care also live hand to mouth for supplies of insulin and needles on charity

11/28/13; 9:12 am
  6. Hi Kerri, Great post. Have you heard of Life for a Child? Run by two paediatric endos in Sydney they work in the most disadvantage countries to save kids w Type 1 there from certain death – i am not involved but was very humbled by their session at the World D. Congress today and have just become a regular donor….. Another one to watch and support. All the best, Kate

12/5/13; 7:04 am