Talking About Diabetes Burnout.

Diabetes is every day, but burnout doesn’t have to be.

1. beth #

Thanks 🙂 needed that.

11/26/13; 7:44 pm
  2. Thanks Kerri,
    It helped me to hear that I don’t need to be perfect.

11/26/13; 9:52 pm
  3. Jen #

I don’t have diabetes (and I’m working hard to keep it that way because I have Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance genes already) but a lot of this applies to my life right now and I needed to hear it. Thank you.

11/26/13; 11:02 pm
  4. Ellen #

Have been Type 1 for 57 years….talk about feeling alone. No one ever talked about it for most of those years. Love your video…really needed that today. Thanks!

11/27/13; 11:59 am
  5. Thanks, Kerri, great talk about something it’s really hard to talk about, and recognize. Happy Holidays!
    Lynda

11/27/13; 4:33 pm
  6. Monte #

I really appreciated the part about naming your feelings. I’ve been type 1, for 35 years now. The assumption would be, I have it “figured out” by now. Sometimes that feels like a charade, to make myself and others feel comfortable about a disease that is very dangerous. When I get honest about what I have to do everyday to stay alive and healthy, I honor the effort I put out just to be here, the job before the job. Diabetes has been my greatest teacher (good thing, it’s not going away). What is it teaching me? To live fully in today. When I move into gratitude, with it, I find purpose. Diabetes prioritizes what is important to me, stripping away fluff. Each shot, each blood test, is a reminder to live. I believe we are all warriors. Be well my friends.

09/3/15; 10:55 am
    • Gayle #

so well said … I have been diabetic for 51 years and find it amazing. Diabetes has taught me to be very disciplined. After all if I wanted to live and live as normally as possible it was necessary to become disciplined. Not always easy as you must know. Keep taking care of yourself and enjoy your life!

09/6/15; 4:17 pm

1. BLACK Friday (diabetes-style) | Principles of Uncertainty
  2. Balance Roundup: 4 December 2013 | Ann Becker-Schutte, Ph.D.
  3. Balance Roundup: 4 December 2013