Hope vs. Fear: The Video Edition.

A million years ago (in Internet time, I think that translates to about eleven months ago), I had the opportunity to work with the team at Novo Nordisk and a few hyper-local Rhode Island/Massachusetts diabetes advocates to create a series of videos.  Our focus was on how hope can be a more powerful motivator than fear, in terms of staying dedicated to the daily duties of diabetes.

We were slated to create one video, but the discussions ended up creating three different videos on that same theme.  And here they are, featuring Katy from Big Foot Child Have Diabetes, Ryan from Diabetic Cyclist, and The Briley from InDpendence:

HUGE thanks to Katy, Ryan, and Briley for their patience and participation, and to Novo Nordisk for their support.

1. I was literally just thinking…with RELIEF that the shoot was almost a year ago. “I bet they bagged the whole thing! Nevergonnahappen.”

I can’t watch. Can not watch.

It was fun though!

11/4/13; 9:20 am
  2. Oh god. I have a really hard time watching myself, but the rest of you are great! But thank you for including me in this project; it is definitely an honor.

11/4/13; 9:58 am
  3. Wow, these videos are fantastic and I know they will be helpful to so many newly diagnosed (and not so newly diagnosed) people and families. You were all fantastic and you should be very proud!

11/4/13; 1:23 pm
  4. Simply excellent. Made me cry, but then, whaat doesn’t

11/4/13; 3:20 pm
  5. You ALL did amazing! I love what Ryan said about focusing on the positive towards the end. So important in every aspect of life, but especially with diabetes. (except for the days when you just say eff this and eat cupcakes. those days can be amazing/necessary)

Yay for these videos!

11/4/13; 9:52 pm
  6. “No, forever is, like, every Christmas.” Cue waterworks.

Great videos!