National Diabetes Awareness American Month Diabetes … Month?

It’s National Diabetes Month, according to the President.  And American Diabetes Month, according to the ADA.  It’s Press Release Inundation Month, according to people who work for companies looking to connect with the diabetes community.  But for people living with diabetes, November.  And it’s also our chance to raise more awareness for our health condition/disease/whatever you’d like to call it.

This month, I’ll be making an attempt to take a photo-per-day to highlight the regular ebb and flow of life with type 1 diabetes, and I’ll be (hoping to) follow this guide:

diabetes month photo a day

Diabetes is every day.  And for this year’s Diabetes Month, I’ll be working to remind people that we still need awareness, research, and funding towards a better quality of life and, eventually, our cure.

1. Laddie #

What a great idea and I look forward to seeing the photos.

11/1/13; 1:01 pm
  2. I love this idea! I’m going to try and do it too-thanks for sharing!! 🙂

11/1/13; 1:57 pm
  3. Count me in! you know how much I love pictures 🙂 Thanks for getting the party started, right??!!

11/1/13; 3:07 pm
  4. John #

Great idea, and one I think I can actually do (mostly)! A cool way to raise diabetes awareness for someone not really social media-savvy. I’ll try on my Facebook account (no twitter for me, yet).

11/1/13; 6:28 pm
  5. I’m trying too! This is fun.

11/1/13; 7:39 pm
  6. Cool. I’ve started a Blue Photo month for November. This list is a great source of inspiration of what I photos I can take.

11/2/13; 5:18 am
  7. I’ll be joining you on my blog! 🙂 Great idea!

11/2/13; 3:59 pm

1. Photo-A-Day: Past. - Six Until Me - diabetes blog
  2. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 1 – Past
  3. Past | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  4. Welcome to National Diabetes Awareness Month! | Chasing Lows
  5. d.a.m. 2013 | life: one unit at a time
  6. Photo-A-Day: Past | Candy Hearts
  7. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 2 – Check
  8. » 2013 » November » 02
  9. Check | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  10. Photo-A-Day: Check. - Six Until Me - diabetes blog
  11. Diabetes Awareness Month - Photo a Day - Past - Moments of Wonderful | Moments of Wonderful
  12. » 2013 » November » 03
  13. Before and After | Principles of Uncertainty
  14. Snacks | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  15. Photo-A-Day: Snacks | Candy Hearts Blog
  16. Diabetes Filed November | Bittersweet Diagnosis
  17. Diabetes Filled November | Bittersweet Diagnosis
  18. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 4 – Proud
  19. » 2013 » November » 04
  20. Photo-a-Day: Proud | cyberneticdiabeticcyberneticdiabetic
  21. Awareness: Whether or not you have it, do something and live the advocacy | Diabetes Types A Blog
  22. Photo-A-Day: Proud. - Six Until Me - diabetes blog
  23. Happy Blue November! | See Jen Dance
  24. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 5 – Advocate
  25. » 2013 » November » 05
  26. Advocate | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  27. Diabetes Awareness Month | T1Dream
  28. » 2013 » November » 06
  29. Relationship | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  30. » 2013 » November » 07
  31. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 7 – Blue
  32. Blue | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  33. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 8 – Organization
  34. Organization | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  35. » 2013 » November » 08
  36. Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 1 | Below Seven
  37. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 9, 10, 11 – Support, Exercise, Play
  38. Chocolate Macaroon | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes
  39. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 12, 13 – Work and Awareness
  40. Photo-a-Day: Work, Awareness, and WDD | cyberneticdiabeticcyberneticdiabetic
  41. November: Diaversary and more | Test Guess and Go
  42. Fifteen Wait Fifteen | Diabetes Awareness Month Photo-a-Day 15, 16, 17- Alert, Blood, and DOC
  43. Diabetes Awareness Month: A Healthy Diabetic is Not an Oxymoron | cyberneticdiabeticcyberneticdiabetic
  44. Photo-a-Day: Advocate | cyberneticdiabeticcyberneticdiabetic