The People in the Computer.

Who are the people in your computer?  (In your computer … in your com-puuuuuter …)  For me, a whole community of people with diabetes live just a click away.

1. I love all of this.

10/23/13; 10:14 am
  2. Awwww!! And yes, it should ALWAYS be Scott on our computers!! How awesome would that be?

10/23/13; 10:14 am
  3. thanks for doing this video, i totally agree on the importance of building a community, be it online or offline… and yes, why isn’t scott on here?

maybe a follow up video with quick clips of all the people ‘in your computer’ is in the works!

hope all is well– hasan

10/23/13; 10:20 am
  4. Love this!

10/23/13; 10:39 am
  5. Vicki #

Kerri,
    I am one of those people living inside your computer. I have lived here since late 2007. That is when I met my PWD. Since living here, I have learned so many things. Because of that, so many things have changed in my little space. My PWD went from having an A1C that was over 10, (we don’t discuss the number) to one just slightly over 6. AND, I know what an A1C is! My PWD went from MDI’s to a pump. AND I know what a pump is, and what MDI’s are! My PWD went from testing once a day, to using a CGM, which has become like a video game, or cell phone. It is never too far away, and he is always checking his numbers! AND, I know what a CGM is! Since living here, I have seen more random test strips laying everywhere, than ever before. They are now even on the floor of the car! Carb counts are more accurate, better decisions are made when it comes to health care. Certainly, my PWD is taking much better care of himself, all because you let me live inside your computer.
    Thank you for not charging me rent, and for always being there for me. Thank you for the information, the guidance, the support, and the love. Thank you for being real, and saying the things my PWD would never say. I love living here. It is super comfortable. I hope to stay for a very long time. When do I get my own room :)

10/23/13; 10:44 am
  6. april #

There should be more clips of the bird being cute.

10/23/13; 10:56 am
  7. You were saying? I’m sorry, Birdy stoled the show!!! ;)

10/23/13; 11:58 am
  8. Dude. A single comment on a blog. A phone interview. A shared series of snarks. One face-to-face. Then an invitation to a wedding?
    That’s how we roll.
    Glad to live in your computer.
    XO to you know who from you know who.

10/23/13; 11:59 am
  9. I love this. All of it. It’s awesome. :)

10/23/13; 12:20 pm
  10. k2 #

That Birdy is so spot on – And so is her mamma!

10/23/13; 12:56 pm
  11. Julie #

I so look forward to your posts. I had gestational diabetes which I know does NOT make me part of your PWD circle, but I relate to so many of the posts you have made. And your daughter is beyond adorable. Just had to put my two cents in!

10/23/13; 6:41 pm
  12. More LOL Cats, please. Smudge and Gus send their love.

10/23/13; 7:08 pm
  13. But I DO live in your computer!!

10/23/13; 9:48 pm
  14. Thanks Kerri, that was adorable. Hugs to you all.

Janis

10/23/13; 10:21 pm
  15. I love how she misses Scott the most. But I too live in your computer. I believe I am bookmarked under the tolerable somewhat entertaining people you like to see from time to time. (Speaking of we need to arrange something with Karen again soon)

10/24/13; 9:37 am
  16. Cutest. Video. Ever.

- says another guy* from inside the computer (oh, and HEY KERRI – we need more coffee in here, please!)
    * NOT a spammer

10/25/13; 12:24 pm
  17. I really love this video also! I love your cat as well, but I do have 5 of my own, yeah I am crazy I know. =D Oh and watch out, your cat might chew through your pump tubing when you are taking a nap on the couch one day, it happened to me while I was pregnant with my daughter, luckily I noticed it right away.

10/25/13; 4:55 pm

1. What She Said | A Consequence of Hypoglycemia.
  2. October Best ‘Betes Blog Awards | ProbablyRachel
  3. The results are in! Best of the 'Betes Blogs 2013 - Moments of Wonderful | Moments of Wonderful