Revisiting Resolutions.

Almost a year ago, I resolved (in that non-resolution sort of way) to aim for more balance in 2013.

Now it’s October, and I’m fairly sure the quest for some kind of balance wasn’t entirely achieved.  But that’s okay, right?

Maybe it’s not about achieving balance, but staying in constant pursuit of it.

Did you set resolutions for 2013?  Now that we’re at the end of the year, how strong was your resolve?  (Isn’t there a rug cleaner called Resolve?)

1. Funny, before you put the PITB and the bug up, I thought “Man, that 8 block totally needs to be a six.” :]

UNINTENTIONAL RHYME WIN. And, lower guilt win. :] And little table win.

10/8/13; 12:01 pm
  2. I loved this video!!! What a great idea to revisit those beginning of the year goals, and I love the creative way you went about it!

My resolutions, the ones I remember at least, haven’t gone all that well. Healthier eating is getting there (yay!). Weight loss is coming along, but far far slower than I was striving for (blaaaa). Work (like finding some) definitely needs more attention from me. And keeping in better touch with my friends? Well, I suppose I don’t need to tell you that’s been a big ole fail. But hey, we’ve still got a few more months to turn things around, right??

10/8/13; 12:17 pm
  3. Amy #

The only resolution I made was to use the word “kerfuffle” more, so I’m feeling pretty good. Mostly I think the idea of balance is BS. It’s more about being focused on the right thing at the moment you’re most needed to be focused on it.

10/8/13; 8:22 pm
    • And how often have you used the word “kerfluffle?” I hope very, because it’s a fab word.

10/8/13; 8:31 pm
      • Amy #

I’m using it quite liberally – I don’t even care what the actual definition is!

10/8/13; 10:00 pm
  4. Dan #

Hi Kerri,
    A very inspiring video! Happiness is a choice, however, it is hard work. Best of success in bring balance to your life. As always have a great day.
    Dan

10/9/13; 9:13 am
  5. Anonlurkermom #

My T1 analogy is throwing darts at a dart board. As long as one is trying to hit the board, it matters not where the dart lands. What matters is one removes the dart and considers why it landed as it did – even if it’s on the wall, not the board at all. The danger comes in not throwing, not aiming and not thinking about what happened.

10/13/13; 9:06 pm