So we have one more bit of travel scheduled before BSparl joins the family – Buried is going to Sundance!
I can’t help it – I’m so excited and so happy for Chris and the success of Buried that I can hardly sit still. We got the call at one in the morning a few weeks ago and I’ve been waiting for Sundance to announce their film line up – it’s hard to wait for them! But finally, they have posted it, and Buried is making its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.
Chris and I will be traveling to Utah for the festival in January, along with plenty of our friends and family. (Yes, I’ll be 6 1/2 months pregnant. No, not quite sure what to wear, but I can guarantee you it will not be a size itty bitty. I’ll be in mega baby belly territory by then – yay for BSparl!) I’m so proud of Chris and I’m thrilled to see Buried already receiving plenty of press.
Here are some links to mainstream media goodies about the film:
- Screen Daily gives a nod to buried in their announcement of the non-competition films.
- The MTV Movie Blog also gives some blog time to Buried, noting it as part of the midnight screening group.
- USA Today has a run down of all the films being screened.
- The LA Times lists Buried in their non-competition recap.
- So does the New York Times.
- And MovieLine wants to know if Ryan is performing shirtless.
- (And for a peek at the movie poster, check this out!)
More coming in the next few weeks, but so far, I can’t stop bouncing around excitedly about this. It’s been a big week for Team Sparling, from finding out we’re going to be the parents of a little girl to announcing that the movie is premiering at Sundance. 2010 is going to be a big year, for all kinds of reasons.
Thanks for all of the diabetes community’s continued support with this film (actually with everything!), and we hope to see some of you at Sundance!