Here. A Big, Ol' Glass of ...
Overheard ... mostly:
- “My grandmother had both her legs amputated as a result of diabetes.”
- “A kid I went to high school with had diabetes but he didn’t take care of himself. He is blind now, but he brought it on himself.”
- “Didn’t they cure it in mice?”
- “Did you eat a lot of sugar as a kid?”
- “I read that you can reverse diabetes with acupuncture. Have you tried that?”
- “I read about a chocolate shake that cures diabetes. Have you tried that?”
- “I read about an herbal supplement that cures diabetes. Have you tried that?”
- “I read that going vegan/gluten-free/paleo/Atkins/low-sodium/raw foods/candy canes only cures diabetes. Have you tried that?”
- “At least it’s not [insert other disease name here].”
- “If you just lose weight, it’ll go away.”
- "If you just stop eating processed foods, your body will make insulin again."
- "Can't you get a transplant of your liver to fix diabetes?"
- "Don't they have a cure for this in Europe?"
- "There's a cure for diabetes in a basement in Washington, but they'll never release it because Pharma companies would go broke."
- "Didn't Halle Berry wean herself off insulin? Why can't you do that?"
- “I could never stick needles into myself. I’d rather die.”
- “Juvenile diabetes? Shouldn’t you have out-grown that?”
- “Diabetes is easy – you just stop eating sugar, right?”
- “A pump? You must have the bad diabetes.”
- “A meter? You must have the bad diabetes.”
- “A special doctor? You must have the bad diabetes.”
- "Diabeetus? You must have the bad diabetes."
Here ... just here: A big, warm glass of shut the hell up.