The Friday Six: New Year, New Ewe Edition.
Lots of links to share this morning, as I wipe snot from the Bird's nose and sleep from my eyes. (Actually, that's a super gross concept, wiping sleep from your eyes. Does that mean "sleep" is that film of eye geeb that builds up sometimes? If so, sleep is nasty. But I still wish I did it more.)
- Lorraine and her son mark six years of diabetes. "I’ll have a new picture, and in a very peculiar way, it will be a new beginning."
- Katy over at Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes shared a link on Facebook of some amazing "daily drop cap" letters from illustrator Jessica Hische. It reminds me of a fancy hardcover edition of The Princess Bride. Love ... especially the Mario tube one.
- This is a really slick RSVP site for a wedding.
- New Year, New Ewe? Anything with the tagline "A nice place to visit," must be.
- Are these elephants super gross, or am I?
- A brand new pancreas, in its own specimen jar? Sold by Your Organ Grinder? Amazing.
- Here's a new project from Lee Ann Thill, called the VIAL (Voice. Insulin. Art. Life.) Project. From her site: "This is a social media site for people with type 1 diabetes and disordered eating, food & body concerns, and eating disorders to interact and submit creative self-expression (art, writing, anything original that reflects the experience of having diabetes and food and body issues)."
- Looking for some athletes with diabetes to inspire you in 2013? The You Can Do This Project has a playlist for you.
- I'd love to see diabetes-esque reboots on so many different company logos. This is a good start.
- There's an interview on TuDiabetes this afternoon, featuring a live chat with NASCAR driver and fellow PWD Ryan Reed. Tune in at 1 pm PST!
- And even after decades with diabetes, and being "on top of things" with such dedication, diabetes can still sneak up on you. Scott Johnson writes about this so poignantly with his post, "I Passed Out."