Gingerbread House and Some Links.
Some links to share this December weekend:
- I contributed an article to the winter edition of JDRF's Countdown Magazine about having a happy holiday with diabetes. (Yes, it can be done. Bring on the glee and the ho-ho-ho's!) Featured in this article are Scott Johnson, Jessica Apple, Abby Bayer, Kim Vlasnik, Sara Knicks, and a badass recipe for chili.
- The Dario glucose meter, which is a smartphone-compatible glucose meter that works for both Android and iOS platforms, was featured on A Sweet Life last week.
- Karen at Bittersweet Diabetes marks 33 years with type 1 diabetes. (What's the gift for this particular anniversary? Larry Bird jersey?)
- There's a MedStartr project aiming to help bring patients to the Doctors 2.0 & You conference next June in Paris, France.
- The next generation Omnipod has been approved and will start shipping in March 2013. Details at Insulet.
- Our gingerbread house kit came with a handful of little creatures that could be placed in the winter wonderland scene. Or on the roof of the gingerbread house.
- And lastly, Fred Rogers is a voice of reason and compassion that I'm leaning on in this difficult times. Endless thoughts are with our friends in Connecticut. So much love to everyone.