Linkable Diabetes Moments.
I'm headed to the ADA Scientific Sessions today (currently on a flight from LA to Philly, cruising at an altitude of some specific height but I can't remember it because I picked up a wicked case of poison ivy on my arm just before I left home, so now I'm blogging and itching like mad and I tried to pretend I was contagious but I still ended up in the middle seat), but thanks to in-flight wifi, I've spent the last hour or so combing through blog posts and Facebook updates that I've missed. Which brings me to the end of this paragraph, and also to the links I wanted to share:
- This is the most riddddiculous (the extra D's are in homage to the grammar and spelling found in this "article") diabetes write-up I've seen in a long time. Someone please send them a dictionary. And a proper photo of Bret Michaels. And maybe a punch in the nose, but I'm not sure how well those travel.
- But this post, from Wendy at the Candy Hearts blog, is beyond lovely, and a great reminder that we are more than all of these diabetes bits and pieces.
- There's a TuDiabetes meet-up happening at ADA's Sci Sessions this year, and it's taking place on Saturday, June 10th. Click here for more details.
- My Canadian friend, Buzz Bishop, is raising awareness and funds for Team Diabetes using just a few words. Actually, he's only using 140 characters, making the most of a Twitter hashtag campaign. Read more about his efforts for the diabetes community on his blog.
- Zakary explains type 1 diabetes with brevity, simplicity, and accuracy by showing notes from her daughter's recent endocrinologist appointment. WTF indeed.
- In support of my friend who lives with type 1, married a man with type 1, and is raising two kids with type 1, please show some love for her son Ryan P in his ambition to become a Downy Little Champ and score a trip to London for the 2012 Olympics. The whole family is incredible - please vote for Ryan!