From Abby: [D-Blog Week] Fantasy Diabetes Device.
Abby shoots from the hip (groan - terrible pun) this morning for D-Blog Week's "Fantasy Diabetes Device" prompt:
So, here at SUM we don't use bullets ever (have you noticed I hate sarcasm?) so I thought I'd bang this one out (bang ... bullets ... see what I did there?) with a nice little list. This is what I"d like in a meter. I chose a meter because I really love my pump and have no requests to change it. My meter options, however, need improvement.
- It needs to be color-customizable. I'm so sick of everything with any sort of options being black and silver. (sparkles are appreciated - always)
- Sounds need to be optional - and also customizable
- Accuracy - but that (should) go without saying
- Beam results to my pump without draining my battery
- Speaking of battery - rechargeable please?
- Need to REQUIRE a tag (before meal, after exercise, other, etc.) I love this feature and I never use it because I forget to
- Bolus me from my meter is required (c'mon Medtronic, catch up)
- Beaming to a cloud would be nice. Any cloud, of any shape or category. [Editor's note: Cumulonimbus?]
- A great, useful, color-coded, customizable printout for my doctor. Emphasis on the 'customizable,' because we don't all have the same goals.
- A little "congrats" for doing 6 fasting BGs or 4 post-dinner BGs per week. Some positive re-enforcement from my meter would be really encouraging.
- Oh, and handing out a $5 every time I check would be nice too :)
So - I'll keep choosing between these options because every meter has it's positives. I just want one that has all the good features. I'm sick of the company competition. Learn from each other people! (And add glitter!)
* * *