Bullet the Blue Sky.
What fun are random links if I can't share them with you guys? These sites have been emailed to me, Facebook'd (what a crap verb), and Tweeted. And now I'm channeling Bono (and wishing I had picked him up when he was hitchhiking in Vancouver) and bulleting the blue sky:
- The International Diabetes Federation is making a video compilation in time for World Diabetes Day, and they're getting a jump on things by starting now. They are looking for videos on "how you act on diabetes," which makes me want to participate in a round with Kabuki Doug, but I'm excited to see how this plays out.
- And you can't mention video in this community without calling back to the You Can Do This Project. Have you signed up? Have you recorded your video? No better day than today!
- Unrelated to anything diabetes, my mother and I spent over an hour trying to assemble this shiny little nightmare - the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe. The instructions are written in Japanese (truly - we never found the English translation) and you have to beat on this thing with a hammer numerous times before it somehow slides into place. Thankfully, BSparl woke up this morning to find the car in our living room and she was ecstatic.
- There's a chat on Thursday night over at the ChronicBabe community, talking about being "real people sick." To join in, you'll need to be a ChronicBabe member, and be sure to sign in at 9 pm Eastern Time over in the chat room.
- Stuff Sick people Have to Put Up With: A Tumblr dedicated to being "your window into a world of bureaucratic, patronizing bullshit." Pretty direct, that. (And I do love the guy with the pennies.)
- F*$k Yeah Diabetic Cat: Can't quite figure out what's going on with this one, but that Wilford Brimley cat cracks me up. He looks so curmudgeoned and in sore need of a hairdo update.
- And lastly, if you'd like to dance with BSparl and I in the morning, we usually rock this song after she gets up from her morning nap.