Bullet points are as good as it's getting this morning:
- I have writer's block. It hurts and it's giving me a headache. I have officially run out of stuff to say.
- Or not, because as I sit here typing this, I'm watching Siah skate across the living room floor, chasing madly after a rogue test strip. One Touch, you make the best cat toys.
- I'm also watching BSparl destroy a banana slice. Her face is a sunny mess of banana mush. Is everything in my house destructive?
- Our Christmas tree is up and twinkling with white lights. But it's not a real tree - we went with a falsie this year. Why? Well, BSparl is going to start crawling in the next few weeks, and I don't want her scooting over to the tree for a pine needle snack. As it stands already (about seven feet tall - ha?), the cats are making out with the ornaments and the branches as often as they can. I don't want my daughter getting herself all pine fresh, too. So fake tree is where it's at this year. (Thank you, Target, for making a tree easy enough for Team Sparling to put together without having to read the instruction manual. A first!)
- Our Christmas cards are also on their way from TinyPrints (they did BSparl's birth announcements, too - I like their work). This is the first time we've done a photo card for the holidays. I'm excited to send out our fat little Santa Baby to our friends and family.
- When I work out, I swear I am sweating out coffee. This is not good. I need to hydrate with something other than the magical yum of coffee.
- Abby the Person is working on the SUM blogroll these days, and I know I'm more than a year behind in updating the list. If you have sent me your blog and I still haven't added it, can you please email your URL to abby (at) sixuntilme (dot) com? She's far more efficient than I am, and with her help, I'm hoping to bring the blogroll back up to some kind of recognizable form.
- If I have to watch one more episode of Caillou, I am seriously going to reach into the television and slap the whine out of that kid. I'm a patient, kind mommy to real children, but I'll beat up your animated kid without blinking.
- When the Dexcom BEEEEEEP!s at me, I've started yelling back at it. "BEEEEEEP! to you, jerkface!" (But then I test, and usually bolus or eat, depending on the side of the spectrum I'm on.)
- The blood sugar average on my meter is creeping back up to 160 mg/dl. I haven't been able to get to my gym in over a week. I'm beyond frustrated with the state of my health these days. Diabetes burnout? Yup - I'm in it with burnout to spare.
- On a conference call recently, someone asked me how many kids I have. And I said "One, for now." And then I laughed for like ten minutes because seriously, how the hell did that "for now" slip in there?
- And we're on the hunt for a car bigger than my hot little Honda Civic. Because when it comes to trotting around with all my stuff, the baby stuff (stroller, etc), and whatever the daily adventure brings our way, I'm out of room in that little black Batmobile. It's time to upgrade to something bigger, but not like Mega Big. (No Partridge Bus necessary. No minivans allowed, either.) The Honda CR-V is speaking to me (it also says BEEEEP!).