The Friday Six: Incessant Ramblings Edition.
Friday Six! Because the cold I am coming down with is taking me prisoner and my brain is fried and I'm trying to figure out how to not pass this cold onto the baby. Also, I like run-on sentences. Onward!
1. The ePatient 2010 conference is taking place in Philadelphia next week, and I'm happy to be joining one of the panels as a guest. Any Philly locals around on Tuesday night for a meet-up? Let me know in the comments or by email and hopefully we can set something up! (Note: I love Philly. I love Rocky, therefore loving Philly is a must.)
2. Here's a photo from a Toronto film exhibit that I forgot to upload:
That's one badass melted Vader. End of item No. 2.
3. The editorial team at BlogHer asked me to contribute a guest post about the great, elusive "cure" of any kind of diabetes. And I was happy to oblige, with "There is No Cure for Diabetes." If you have a chance to skip over to BlogHer and check the post out, that would be awesome. (And yay for Drew Carey for dropping the pounds. Now he and Halle Berry can have ice cream sundaes together at night and talk about the great uncured.)
3.5. I like this ALOT. A lot. (If you haven't visited Hyperbole and a Half, you're totally missing out on some of the oddest, most frantically amusing internet cartoons I've ever stumbled upon.) And, just for the record, I love that an ALOT looks like a VW bus shaped wooly mammoth.
4. The idea is simple. "As diabetics we spend a lot of time at the doctors. For the next year, let's all take a picture of our waiting rooms every time we have a diabetes related appointment. So take a picture (at your own risk), post the date, and whatever else you want to share about the picture and let's see just how much time is spent Waiting With Diabetes." George and Sara have a new group on Flickr called "Waiting with Diabetes," and the concept is just that - photos of waiting rooms. (And am I the only one who is convinced one of the members will end up photographing another member of the diabetes community without realizing it? ;) )
5. And now that BSparl is older and more mobile, I'm looking to find a few good diabetes support buddies that are local to me. (Like the Fairfield County Dinner Ladies whoI miss terribly!) If Providence, RI is driving distance for you and a monthly meeting sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, drop me a note! We're looking to start in October, and the more the merrier! (And if you already responded on Facebook, I've got an email out to you today!)
6. Today is Friday. Friday the 24th. Of September. Which means that the limited release of Buried is tonight, and that the nationwide release on October 8th is only two weeks away. That, to me, is pretty damn exciting. And because I am a very proud screenwriter's wife, I wanted to share a few links to some press bits I've really enjoyed:
Roger Ebert's review of Buried.
Chris guest blogs on MTV.
USA Today writes up a review of Buried.
Ryan on Leno.
The Huffington Post reviews Buried.
Access Hollywood reviews Buried.
Vanity Fair calls Buried One of the Best Films of the Year.
Proud = me.
And with that, I'm off to blow my nose and store vitamin C tablets in my cheeks like a squirrel.
(Note: This edition of Friday Six has seven items. Because I'm spaceshot. Game over until Monday - I'm going back to bed.)