The Friday Six: Writer's Block.
I felt it circling, like a shark (ooh, Shark Week!). Writer's block. It sucks. I have it, big time. But thankfully I'm alone in my blockiness, because there have been some seriously awesome posts rolling around the diabetes blogosphere of late. This week's Friday Six is all about sending some link love the posts I've really enjoyed in the last few weeks:
1. George at Ninjabetic writes so earnestly that I always find myself actually leaning in towards the computer. His writing draws me in, that literally. And his post, Just Love, made me want to hug my baby and my husband (and even the cats) all at once together.
2. This post, from Karmel Allison at A Sweet Life, is one that I read over and over again, letting the words wash over me as I remembered the expectation of expecting, all muddled with excitement and fear and intense love. Powerful poem, Karmel. Thanks for sharing it with us all.
3. And Scott made me laugh out loud when I read his post, See Other Arm. I love reading about diabetes meet-ups (love attending them, too!) and the pictures from his latest one gave me a grin that wouldn't quit. Click through to see what I mean!
4. Another post I really enjoyed was Chris's post about the pure evil of Pop-Tarts. Personally, I don't think Pop-Tarts are discussed enough on the diabetes blogosphere (I think we're all afraid to admit we've eaten this crap - even though we all have at one time or another), and now I'd like to see what a cookie dough Pop-Tart is all about. Though, after reading the nutritional information, I should wait until my pump is fully stocked. ;)
5. I'd be hampering efforts for feline world domination if I neglected to link out to this post on Tales of Rachel, including guest ... meows? from the homonym pair of Casey and K.C., hosted by the always-hungry Perl. Since Siah enjoys a good guest post here on SUM now and again, I have a high appreciation for other cats who are willing to tap out a few words on the ol' laptop.
6. This one, admittedly, is my favorite of the bunch. This post, from Jacquie at Typical Type 1, is called Beauty and the 'Betes, and it's a diabetes fairy tale. And I love it. Love, love, love and if you haven't read it already, you are seriously missing out on something that seems ripped from the Brothers Grimm but instead came from the Islets of Jacquie. (What a horrible pun, but I already warned you - I have writer's block.) Definite must-read.
Enjoy these posts from the talented writers of the diabetes blogosphere, and have a great weekend!!