The Friday Six: Weird Links.
Weird links - I haz them. And what better way to share them with you than a Friday Six?
1. Children's shows are awesome. I love Sesame Street. (The Elmo's World theme song gets stuck in my head for hours. And even though Big Bird is a bit of a whiny bitch, I still like him.) I love Word World. I love this weird show called Peep and the Something Something because Peep is this tiny bird with a huge head, stick legs, and no body. Cracks me up. Thank goodness these shows are tolerable because they're the new background noise of my life. The only thing missing is The Muppet Show, which I must buy the DVDs for BSparl so she can experience the magic of Muppets.
2. If you ever wanted to see the story of George Washington put to creepily-animated video, here's your chance. I don't know what else to say about this, other than nightmares occurred as a result.
3. In other video news, this video is completely kick ass. It's a video of Ginger working out with Scott at the Friends for Life conference. And Scott TOTALLY rocks the Turkish Get Ups. (Scott - Chris agrees. Those are hard moves! But you really worked it! And also, I can't believe I just linked to a site called "Wanna Be Big.")
4. I also wanted to let you know that I have new columns up both at dLife (Generation D) and on the Animas site (Sweatin' With Rudolph). But now that I've seen that video of the Turkish Get Up, I think I need to try it instead of working out while dancing with the baby. I'm pretty sure I could pull off a Siah Get Up. Or maybe I can do a BSparl Get Up? (Even though she's asleep right now. I'd rather she not get up right now.)
5. Twitter is a good time, but I have had it with all the app names started with "tw." Case-in-Point: TwimeMachine, which is a service that lets you peek at old Tweets. You can also find out When Did I Join Twitter (1,235 days ago for me - embarrassing, as is the grammar in this sentence). And My First Tweet, which shows you the first Tweet you ever made. (Apparently, mine was about suiting up with the Dexcom, back in 2007.) But I wasn't able to find everything I was looking for - does anyone know of a site or service that shows you all the Tweets you've ever typed? Nerdy request, yes, but I'm on the hunt.
6. And lastly, I received a black eye from this:
This child's clothes hamper came with an actual warning on the side of the package, something about being veeeeery careful opening the tightly coiled structure. I scoffed at this warning, and then the frog leapt up and tagged me in the face. It looks friendly, but it has a decidedly treacherous agenda. Beware of baby items!!