You Know You're a Diabetic Mommy When ...
You know you're a diabetic mommy when ...
- The bottle of glucose tabs is just as important as the bottle of breast milk in the diaper bag.
- You have already started wondering how you're going to explain "juice" as "medicine" to the kiddo.
- When you wake up for 3 am feedings, they double as a 3 am blood sugar check.
- You start cooing sweetly at your meter when it gives you a result of 100 mg/dl. ("Oooh, what a good meter you are! Yes you are!")
- Your baby ends up with a dot of blood on the back of her pajamas from your middle-of-the-night blood sugar check that didn't stop bleeding right away.
- When you talk about "the pump," you need to clarify "the insulin one, not the boob one."
- Sometimes you have to draw numbers to see who gets to feed the baby. And by "draw," we mean blood samples.
- Nothing makes you happier than a full baby with a clean diaper and a full pump with a full battery.
- You need a diaper bag just for diabetes supplies.
- Your bedside table has just as many burp clothes as used test strips gathered at its base.