Burnt Out - Needed a Meme.
I have a post I want to write, but today is shaping up to be too doctor visit heavy for me to put my thoughts together. And what's the cure for rattled thoughts on a blog? Oh hell yes, a meme. I lifted this from Karen, who offered up her archive of memes for my perusal.
"Can you fill this out without lying? You've been tagged, so now you need to answer all the questions HONESTLY." (For the record, I don't like when memes threaten me. Of course I can fill this out honestly. And without the use of ALL CAPS.)
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Cottage cheese. Hospital cottage cheese. Yeah, that sounds delicious, doesn't it?
2. Where was your profile picture taken? With the iMac at my old job.
3. Can you play Guitar Hero? Yes. I suck at it, I get all nervous when I play because I just want to rock out, but I still play because I have no shame.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today? Today, not too many. But last night, my best friend had me in tears, I was laughing so hard at the story she was telling.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why? I stayed up until about 1:30 am, finally getting some work done now that the swelling in my hands has been alleviated a smidge.
6. If you could move somewhere else, would you? This is the question of the moment. I love Boston. I love Rhode Island. I'm curious about California. But we're starting to look at buying a house, so this question is beyond relevant.
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? Yes.
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you on your FaceBook list? Hmmm ... I think the Batman lives closest to my current home, but I'm not sure.
9. Do you believe exes can be friends? I've had some wonderful past relationships with very nice guys, and some I am friends with. But there are a few from the past who should just remain there.
10. How do you feel about Dr Pepper? He's about the only doctor not pissing me off these days.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Saturday. I was lonely here. The hospital blows. And I'm wicked pregnant, so emotions are all over the map.
12. Who took your profile picture? I guess I did. But technically, the computer did.
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? Not positive, actually. I think the last person I snapped a photo of was my best friend's baby girl. She's a lovely, photogenic kid. It was either her or Chris.
14. Was yesterday better than today? Yes. Chris was here with me at the hospital, which makes it better here.
15. Can you live a day without TV? Oh definitely. I've never watched so much television in my life as I have over the last 10 days. But a day without Internet access is troubling.
16. Are you upset about anything? Little nervous when I think about the surgery scheduled for next week, but I'm more excited to meet the baby than anything else.
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? Absolutely. All relationships are worth it. Even the ones that are difficult and acrimonious, because they teach me how to control my temper. :)
18. Are you a bad influence? I think I might be.
19. Night out or night in? Depends. Who am I with?
20. What items could you not go without during the day? Easy - Blackberry, glucose meter, and lip gloss.
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? My best friend, when she gave birth to her little girl.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? Ah, some things are just for me to know. :)
23. How do you feel about your life right now? I feel like I'm on the cusp of the biggest moment of my life.
24. Do you hate anyone? Absolutely not. But there are a few people i could do without in my life.
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? Oof, a bunch of messages I haven't had a chance to reply to yet. And may never have a chance to reply to. I am crap at Facebook inbox management.
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? Yes. I'd pass at any given moment.
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? HA! Only people who don't know me.
28. What song is stuck in your head? Imagine, by John Lennon.
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., a secret lover or George Clooney? It's most likely a lost monkey, looking for a banana and asking to use the phone.
30.Wanna have grandkids before you’re 50? Let's do that math ... I'm 31, my daughter is due in nine days, so that would mean she would be 18 and giving me grandchildren? Oh hell no.
31. Name something you have to do tomorrow? Sit in bed all day and hope my blood pressure stays stable. Weeeeee!
32. Do you think too much or too little? I'm, like, a total thinker.
33. Do you smile a lot? Pretty liberally, yes. I also have a tendency to furrow my eyebrows when I'm pissed off.
34. How many hours a day do you spend on the computer? i'm not going to answer that, out of fear of feeling like I never go outside.
35. If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you be? I think I'd like to be Siah.
36. Facebook or Twitter? Depends on what I'm looking to share.
37. Chicken or Beef? Chicken! BAWK.
38. Mac or PC? Both, though I'm currently on a Mac. But I do love my old PC and my wee netbook.
39. Have you ever punched anyone in the face? Never in real life, but in my mind? CONSTANTLY.
40. Last music received or purchased? Lullabye by Billy Joel. BSparl likes it. :)
if you're a brainless blogger today and you need a blow-off-steam meme, grab this one and have at!