Snapshots from a Tuesday.
I'm catching up from taking yesterday off, so all that's left of my brain at 10 am is something resembling brie cheese. Here's what's stewing about:
- Well, of course now I want brie cheese. Just a few more weeks until I can get my brie on.
- And THANK YOU for the very kind birthday wishes yesterday! You guys made my day - thank you! :D
- Insulin needs between me and Ms. BSparl are up to an all-time high. I just rejiggered my basal rates yesterday, and now I'm taking 26u of basal per day and my insulin-to-carb ratio is up to 1:6. That's a lot of insulin. I'm burning through about 60 units a day - more than double what I was rocking before.
- I need to get Dr. B to write me a high prescription to finish out this pregnancy, or I'll be trying to make my own insulin in the bathtub, a la moonshine.
- Moonshine has a whole Wikipedia entry that fascinated me for about 15 minutes. People actually make this stuff and drink it?
- Pregnancy dreams are starting to freak me out a little bit. Last night, I dreamt that my old job sent me a survey, asking me to outline exactly how many freckles I had on my body, with a chart at the end of the survey describing how these freckles would affect my ability to advance in the company. (WTF?) And two nights ago, I dreamt that I was tasked with saving the American kitten population through breastfeeding. These dreams are vivid. And terrifying. Nursing kittens?
- Oh shoot - that's going to bring in some dodgy Google searchers.
- Blooming some peach blooming tea this morning. That stuff is lovely, and will hopefully wake my ass up this morning because I am dragging.
- Could it be from the carb-overload last night at birthday dinner? Chris took me out to a fondue restaurant last night and we were joined by a few friends - and by bread, cheesecake, brownies, and cinnamon marshmallows. Not to mention chocolate fondue, among other lovely things. I may have emptied out an entire pump reservoir last night, but my blood sugars stayed wicked stable, and only peaked up to 174 mg/dl for about 30 minutes. I'm considering that a win.
- Diabetes365 is still rocking on - one month completed, eleven to go - and it's starting to look more like a pregnancy journal than a diabetes-centric exercise. But that's what happened last time I did it: it became a wedding exercise. Thing is, it's about 365 days of LIFE with diabetes. The whole "life" part is what makes it about us, not about diabetes.
- (That's my excuse, anyway.)
- Oh, and the Medgadget polls are still open - if you have a chance to vote for Best Patient Blog and you wouldn't mind casting your vote for SUM, that would be OMGWTFBBQ cool. Click here to vote!
- This morning, I slept in a bit, but was woken up by an insistent Sausage, who wanted to lay flat across my belly. So I let her. Only once she started purring, BSparl woke up and got into the action. So my morning started colorfully, with the cat and the baby trying to respectively figure one another out. My sleep patterns were the only casualty.
- I'm like the walking dead today.
- And really - what's up with this instant third trimester exhaustion? I thought I already did this for the first three months. Now it happens again? (Hey pregnancy experts - can I have some caffeine now? Just a little? Like one cup? PLEASE?)