You Say You Want a Resolution.
(And based on that title, this song is stuck in my head for the rest of the decade.) Welcome to 2010, my friends. I couldn't be more excited for a new decade, with the promise of GOOD STUFF TO COME!!
Chris and I were talking about resolutions last night - about things we want to accomplish in 2010 and what we'd like to do in the next twelve months - but I don't often make the "list o' resolutions." Setting goals for myself is one thing, but making them part of a New Year's Resolution campaign makes me feel cheesy.
... but then I realized that after almost crying with emotion when the ball dropped last night and then again when the baby kicked me in the belly button around one in the morning, I am cheesy. So I'm making a goal list for 2010. Some goals are private and won't be shared here on SUM, but there are a few I'd like to make myself held accountable for. (Hey - it works sometimes!)
- Take on the Diabetes 365 project again for 2010.
- Answer emails more efficiently (I'm already laughing at this one, but I need to try.)
- Become a more active blog reader (I need to leave COMMENTS!)
- Learn to knit.
- Get back in shape after BSparl arrives.
- Take time to appreciate my friends and family, instead of burying my face in the computer for hours on end.
But my most important resolution for 2010?
- Have a healthy pregnancy that ends with a happy little baby girl, safe in my arms.
It's going to be a great year. And I'm really looking forward to sharing it with all of you. Happy New Year!!
(Siah, please get out of the Christmas tree. We need to take that down today. I hope she made some resolutions to be less annoying in 2010.)