:: Headdesk ::
No way can I create a cohesive blog post this morning. Welcome to the alphabet soup mashup that is my brain:
- Last night's Entertainment Tonight fiasco has left the Sparlings scratching their heads. The clip aired in some places, not in others. (We didn't see it at our house, but my brother and several of my friends in Connecticut did see the short clip.) Apparently, Buried was bumped due to Golden Globes coverage and the clip will be airing tonight (so we're told) on Extra and on MTV.com, but I'm not saying anything until we have confirmation from A.C Slater himself.
- (I have tried hitting the locker with my fist to make it open, and have never succeeded. How on earth did he do that?)
- The D365 Project is forcing me to take photos of diabetes-related items in my life, and I'm fast realizing, again, that this isn't a struggle. Weird mindset.
- We leave for Sundance on Friday afternoon and I'm still not sure I have enough clothes that fit to get me through the 10 days we're there. I hope all those fancy celebrity types are ready for my potbelly and seeing the same Target maternity shirt more than once that week.
- "What are you doing on Saturday night?" "Oh, we're going to see the premiere of my husband's film at Sundance." This conversation actually happened. And I actually laughed my ass off because my life is starting to look weirder and weirder every day.
- As exemplified by the woman at the bookstore bathroom the other day who, while I was washing my hands at the sink, said to her five year old son, "See that lady? She's pregnant. And why is she pregnant? Because a man had sex with her." The exchange that followed was a bit curt. ("Excuse me? A man? My husband. I believe that's an important distinction to make, lady," with me drying my hands angrily on the automatic hand dryer, which is hard to do because you can't rip the paper out angrily and toss it into the trash can with conviction because there is no paper and nothing to throw out so instead I just blew hot air at her, at my hands, and stormed out of the bathroom. Holy. Digression.)
- BSparl either really likes or really dislikes the movies, because when we went to see The Book of Eli last night, she was wailing away in there whenever things got too loud in the theater. Little Miss Ebert in there, all opinionated. Or maybe she was just bored.
- This video makes my husband laugh. And when he laughs, I can't help but laugh. So we've watched it about three dozen times and now I want to go practice writing my name. Some cookies would also be nice.
- While I was working in our home office yesterday, I could hear the cat snoring. From like two rooms away. I think she needs to exercise more.
- I'm not drinking coffee, yet my body is so amped up I feel like I'm mainlining espresso. (Or, as Rhode Islanders say it, "ex-presso." I love the RI accent. Love, love, love.)
- Wait, I have deadlines today? I have actual work things that are due?
:: headdesk ::