40 Things: The Meme.
Signs of the end of November - more blog memes than you can stand. Here's the 40 Things one that circulated a few weeks ago, and I'm grasping for it like a drowning man clinging to a ... duck? Yes, to a very buoyant duck.
* * * 40 Things * * *
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Nope. Can't stand anything both blue and moldy. Or spelled with the e in the wrong order.
2. Have you ever smoked? Pot? No. Cigarettes? A few times, and I regret all of those times. Waste of lung power for sure.
3. Do you own a gun? No. I don't own things that are dangerous for me to use. See also: stove
4. Favorite type of food? These days? Anything. But usually, I'm always game for fresh fruit.
5. Favorite type of music? Broad range here. Classical, techno, rap, rock, alternative, moody crap like Sigur Ros, big fan of Irish bands (The Frames, Damien Rice, U2, etc), song parodies like those by Weird Al ... and I really, really like the Law & Order theme song.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I don't often think of them, and at picnics, I most often choose their hamburger friends over them.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Who doesn't love A Christmas Story? Classic.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Pancake batter.
9. Can you do push ups? I used to be able to. I haven't tried in the last few months because my levels of awkward and uncoordinated are extremely high these days.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring. And my SUM necklace.
11. Favorite hobby? Blogging, I think. And then photography, with a side of traveling.
12. Do you have A. D. D.? Y. E. S.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? No - as irony would have it, I'm a 23 year type 1 diabetes veteran with perfect vision. Go figure.
14. Middle name? Used to be Lynn, but when I got married, I changed it to Morrone.
15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment: The gerber daisies on the dining room table look really pretty. Siah and Prussia are fighting in the crinkle tube. I can't wait to watch Nip/Tuck next week.
16. Name three drinks you regularly drink: Water, coffee, and orange juice.
17. Current worry? Hoping that all is well with the BSparl.
18. Current hate right now? I don't harbor any hate these days. Too much other crap to do.
19. Favorite place to be? Home.
20. How did you bring in the new year? In style.
21. Someplace you’d like to go? I'd like to to Europe again. And I'd also like to visit Montana and drive around where there isn't a speed limit.
22. Name three people who will complete this. I think I'm one of the last diabetes bloggers to tackle this meme, but NaBloPoMo has burnt me right the F out, so I'm grasping at straws. Meme it up if you haven't already!
23. Do you own slippers? No, but my mom does. She calls them "pippers." And that's what I call them, too.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Blue. A different shade than my blue sweatpants. And also a different shade than my blue bathrobe. I'm dressed like a pregnant smurf.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? They have their perks.
26. Can you whistle? Not even close. I sound like I'm snorkeling when I try to whistle.
27. Where are you now? Sitting at the dining room table in my home. Being watched by cats.
28. Would you be a pirate? What makes you think I'm not a pirate?
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I like "Oh Pretty Baby" and anything by Guster.
30. Favorite Girl’s Name? GirlSparl.
31. Favorite boy’s name? BoySparl. ;)
32. What is in your pocket right now? A quarter, a test strip, and my insulin pump.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Chris. He's a strange ranger.
34. What vehicle do you drive? A black Honda Civic.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? There was this one time, way back when I was a kid, when my pancreas died. It didn't hurt at the time, but it hurts sometimes now.
36. Do you love where you live? I do.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? One. We aren't TV junkies.
38. How many computers do you have in your house? Whoops - okay, we have five computers. Because we are junkies in this respect.
39. If you changed your job, what would it be? Folk singer with a side gig as a puppeteer.
40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? Healthy baby, happy family, and happy Kerri in third person.
If you're in the throes of NaBloPoMo and you need a post-Thanksgiving meme, have at. :)