An exercise in trying to make sense of my thought processes:
- The alarm went off at 3:11 am and my first thought was: "Hey, 311."
Second thought: "Hey, that's not my alarm. That's the Dexcom BEEEEEEEP!ing."
Third thought: "I will eat frosting."
- So I ate frosting in the kitchen at three in the morning. Dipped a Lorna Doone cookie right into the vanilla frosting can. Classy.
- Woke up at 153 mg/dl.
- Showered, dressed, and grabbed some snacks while Siah paced pensively and hollered at me. "Hey! Make me a banana sandwich!" I imagined she was saying.
- I did not make her a banana sandwich, as she is a cat.
- Left the house for work ten minutes later than I meant to and managed to hit every traffic light possible en route. Making me later.
- Thought about the Dave Matthews Band and how Chris and I saw Dave Matthews filming something in NYC on Sunday. Dave was walking across Vanderbilt Avenue in wicked slow motion, with everyone else on the street at regular speed. It was very surreal to see someone crossing a busy Manhattan street moving at a snail's pace.
- This sighting prompted us to try and walk in slow motion for a bit, but we ended up tripping gracelessly over ourselves.
- At this point, I decided to stop thinking about other things and focus on driving. :)
- Parked my car and as soon as I opened the door to get out, a pocket of rain fell out of the tree above me and slammed me in the head.
- "Ooooooooooh!" is that I said outloud. At a high pitch.
- Went into working daydreaming about coffee. Made that dream a reality before getting to my desk and mentally high-fived myself for my ability to feed an addiction.
- Checked emails. Realized that blogging for four more years is far more likely than ever answering all the emails I have backlogged. Debated full inbox deletion, but then decided against it.
- Discussed Crumbs bakery with co-worker. Decided that they opened a Crumbs in Westport just for us.
- Received confirmation that the Fairfield County Dinner crew is meeting up again on Thursday. Yay!
- Received confirmation that I'll be visiting a diabetes support group in NYC next Tuesday, which I'm very much looking forward to.
- And then received confirmation that when the Dexcom sounds its alarm in the dead silence of my office, people twitter.
- Which made me think about Twitter and I started wondering when the Twitter bubble will burst.
- And then my brain finally settled down and let me focus.
- Until I started to think about how my shirt color resembles black raspberry ice cream. Which made me think of the beach. Which made my brain wander off to our upcoming anniversary cruise.