Diabetes Alert Day: Do You Need to Know?
So today is Diabetes Alert Day, and the intention of this day is aimed at people with pre-diabetes and people at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. There are a number of fine, clickable resources out there to mark this day:
- dLife has a list of "getting to know diabetes" resources, including a quiz to screen yourself for type 2 diabetes.
- The American Diabetes Association encourages people to become volunteers and asks "Are you a risk taker?"
- Novo Nordisk is encouraging people affected by diabetes – including patients, caregivers and those at risk - to learn more about the condition, and to take steps to manage their disease and protect their health.
- People in Plano, TX can get free nutrition education classes through April 21.
- Some Louisiana residents can get their blood sugar checked for free today!
- And the people at Gold's Gym have a free exercise guide to promote their Getting Fit 101 campaign.
- The ADA in Indianapolis is hosting a free breakfast geared for business leaders who want to address the significant economic impact of diabetes within their businesses.
- Even Dear Abby is getting an earful from the President of the ADA.
The alert is being sounded today, and if you are affected by type 2 diabetes, or if you are part of the at-risk population, there's no better time than now to get healthier.