The Banana Bunker Friday Six.
What a hectic morning already. Between an early start with my dLife email and then a quick commute to Boston for the day (complete with low blood sugar on the sidewalk of the city, making me look like a homeless person who stole a laptop), I'm glad to be finally chilled out and getting things done.
Not much going on diabetes-wise, but I do have some fun crap to share with you this morning. Here is this week's Friday Six, starting off with this:
1. The Banana Bunker. I can barely remember what made me Google bananas at work earlier this week (Shhhh, dLife ladies. Don't tell Helen!), but once I found this photo, I couldn't stop laughing. A banana bunker, in four jazzy colors. It will "keep your fruit safe until you're ready to go!" It will also look so much like an inappropriate toy that you'll be sure to embarrass yourself by sharing it with the the whole Internet. Like now. Hi!
2. The Hero Factory. Want to see a superhero version of yourself? Yes, you do. I spent altogether too much time mucking around with this (I had to see what I'd look like with laser beam eyeballs!), but here's my final version. (Over there. On the right.) Do not mess with me. I know the guy from Reading Rainbow. (Hat tip to SicklyKitty!)
3. Holy Sh*t. This is a mega-dog. I actually whispered "Holy sh*t," under my breath before reading the post beneath this photo. Do dogs actually get that freaking big? Not normal. If a cat was that big, it would be put in a zoo. Or at least a stable. Check it out and see if you can contain your expletive.
4. OMGWTFBBQ. I tend to find out about things after they've already peaked, but that doesn't make them any less funny to me. My coworker threw a "OMGWTFBBQ" at me this week and it caused great joy for my brain. The illustration on the Urban Dictionary makes it even better. Have you heard of this before, or am I mentally still on my TRS-80 computer from Radio Shack?
5. The Yip Yips. I purged this YouTube clip from my brain on Twitter last week, but I must share it here. I remember the Yip Yips from back when our neighbor used to babysit for us. This bit with the telephone gets me every time. "Brrrrrrrriiiiiiing!" "Um ... brrrrrrrriiiiiiiing! Uh huh, uh huh. Yip yip yip yip." You remember this, don't you?
6. And this last one is just for me. Totally self-serving. Do any of you guys have experience with a Bamboo Fun? I bought one this week and haven't had a chance to fiddle around with it, but is this a good tool for photo editing, etc? Any informal reviews?
That's all I've got. (And still laughing about that obscene banana bunker, but anyway.) Have a great weekend!!