Le Food Meme.
Oh, the food meme. And what better day to post this than the day after Thanksgiving, when we're all recovering from the non-stop indulgences? (Also, what NabloPoMo is complete without a few memes tossed in for good measure?) Stolen from Lee Ann, here are my answers:
1. Can you cook? If yes, do you like to cook?
I can barely cook, but there are moments when I make attempts. And I halfway enjoy these moments, when the food doesn't burn.
2. When do you eat with your whole family?
Chris and I eat together all the time. But my whole family? Like the whole mess of them? Big holidays only, unfortunately. We live far away.
3. What do you eat for breakfast?
Greek yogurt, a protein bar, or oatmeal. But always, always coffee.
4. When, where and how do you eat on weekdays?
I eat predictably on weekdays, usually having breakfast at work (at my desk), lunch at home (sometimes joined by a cat), and dinner either home with my husband or out. How do I eat? I eat with my face. what kind of question is that?
5. How often do you eat out (in a restaurant)?
We love to dine out - it's tops on list of fun things to do. We used to go out four or five days a week, but with the economy tanking, we're down to only about two times - including our Sunday breakfast ritual when we're in CT for the weekend. :)
6. How often do you order delivery/take-out?
Very rarely - maybe once a month, if that?
7. Regarding no. 5 and 6: Say there weren’t financial reasons would you do this more often?
Like I mentioned before, we love, love dining out. If we were rich, we'd do it every night.
8. Are there any “standard dishes” you serve regularly?
The green ones. I like the green dishes best. ;)
Unfortunately, I am not a talented cook so I do not have a standard dish. I can make chicken salad, excellent minestrone and lentil soup, and eggs any way you like 'em, but that's about it. Above and beyond that, we dine out.
9. Have you ever cooked for more than 6 persons?
Yes, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner a few years ago with my then-boyfriend. He was a good cook. I ... I encouraged him.
10. Do you cook every day?
No. But I eat every day. I'm still trying to figure out how I accomplish one without the other.
11. Have you ever tried recipes from blogs?
Yes. The internet saves me on a regular basis.
12. Who cooks more frequently at your home?
My husband, because he is actually good at it.
13. And who cooks better?
See above. But I'd also venture to guess that Siah is a better cook than me.
14. Do you cook totally different compared to your mother/parents?
Yes. My mother cooked. I do not.
15. If yes, do you nevertheless eat at your parents?
I like my mom's cooking. And my dad is a good restaurant date. And I like hanging out with them, so sure.
16. Are you a vegetarian or could you imagine being one?
I'm not a vegetarian, but I believe I could give it a whirl for a few weeks. I know I would miss chicken, though. But I like a good veggie burger now and again, so maybe.
17. What would you like to cook which you haven’t dared to make yet?
I'd like to make a meal that doesn't taste bland. And I've dared to do it, but I just haven't really accomplished that goal yet, persay. :)
18. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
I can't cook, but I can bake. I can make awesome flourless chocolate cake, banana bread, cheesecake, popovers, brownies, cookies, cakes ... basically, anything I "shouldn't" eat, I can make with precision and prowess. Cruel irony.
19. What is your greatest misery in the kitchen?
That the dishes are never really done.
20. What do you dislike?
I don't like seafood (except New England clam chowdah). And I don't like eating anything gamey. I also despise curry. And I also dislike war, economic crisis, and anything with more than four legs.
Need a meme to help round out your NaBloPoMo? Grab this one!