Guilty Pleasure Time.
Today has been a day of awkwardness already. To wit:
- I tried to get into the wrong car this morning because I forgot that I don't drive the Jetta anymore. Whoops. But I'm trying to blame that on a lack of coffee in my system.
- I walked into work with my skirt tangled in pump tubing, because I forgot to adequately tuck it all in before I got out of the car. Argh.
- Made coffee in my fancy pants SUM mug this morning without realizing that the remnants of yesterday's coffee were still floating around in there. Yuck. Had to rinse and renew.
- Went to sit down in my chair while talking to someone and almost missed, nearly landing my arse on the floor.
- (Mind you, it's only about 9:30 in the morning at this point.)
- Fired up iTunes and blasted ... Yanni. Yes, Yanni is sometimes the soundtrack of my editorial days. I love him. I want to put him on the cover of the romance novel of my life. Yanni ... (Awk. Ward. But I love him.)
- Laughed out loud at something when the office was completely silent. Nothing like waking everyone up with my mega-decibel giggle.
- Went for coffee downstairs and gave the lady a one instead of a five, causing me to stand there cluelessly while she neglected to ring up my purchase. "You gave me a one instead of a five." I returned from the mental moon. "Oh, shoot, sorry about that."
- And walking back up the stairs to the office, the thigh holster I was wearing to hold my pump started to slide, causing me to grab for my leg and hold the strap in place while trying to waddle to my desk, where I could hitch the holster back up. Nothing like having the people in the board room thinking my underpants are falling down as I walk up the stairs. Fantastic.