Technology Is Fun!
No energy for a real post. Here's the rundown:
- I have spent the last few weeks preparing to move my site from Yahoo! (crap) to LiquidWeb (good so far). This has been a tedious experience, but the folks at Liquidweb have been accessible, patient, and fast.
- Yahoo! has worked hard to muck up the process at every turn.
- Developed intense hatred for Yahoo!.
- LiquidWeb repointed my DNS in the wee hours of last night instead of the wee hours of tonight (oh shit), having me wake up to a stunted site and nothing newer on SUM than a stale ol' post from July 2nd.
- I got coffee. Nothing can be healed without coffee.
- Exchanged flurry of panicked emails with LiquidWeb dudes. Asked many questions, including several variations on "What does that mean?" "How do I do that?" And "Where the hell do I find that?"
- Received second CGMS denial letter in the mail. Furrowed eyebrows, then filed away to deal with tomorrow.
- Drank more coffee. Focused on work. Tuned back in to the web crisis when the LiquidWeb guys rang me at work and started pouring their techy genius into my head over the phone. Felt overwhelmed.
- Likened myself to a "cavewoman banging her fists against the keyboard in frustration" in an email to tech support.
- Laughed when tech support signed their email back "Unga, Caveman."
- Discovered that my SUM email wasn't working.
- Panicked and told co-worker that my brain melted due to site melting. She retorted that her boyfriend rides a boogie board. Her story made me laugh so hard I forgot about my email troubles.
- Turned focus back to work.
- Went home after receiving a promotion at work (yay!). Also received phone call from TechGuy at Liquid Web, telling me that the site has been restored (also yay!).
- Danced small jig of glee. Almost twisted ankle.
- Attempted to figure out new email system and the perils of a new FTP.
- Posted this blog.
I'm hoping that the site hiccups are minimal as I settle in to this new server. Once the hiccups stop, I'll be rolling out a redesign - once I finish it. :) And at the moment, my email is being a bit wonky, so if you emailed me and I haven't responded, please resend.
In the meantime - Siah! Don't cut the red wire or the whole site will ...