Crazy Eights (a meme).
Tagged by Courtney at Traveling Thoughts, I'm overdue for a meme these days. Bring on the Crazy Eights!
8 Things I’m Passionate About.
4. My family.
5. Being healthy.
6. Fantastic and evocative music - all kinds and styles and volume levels.
7. Reading everything I can get my mitts on.
8. Diabetes advocacy.
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die.
1. Have a child.
2. Visit Europe.
3. Find a hidden treasure.
4. Bury a time capsule and then open it twenty years later.
5. Drink wine at a restaurant in Italy.
6. Live to a ripe and feisty old age.
7. Learn to play the piano.
8. Make a difference.
8 Things I Say Often.
1. "Let's get coffee."
2. "I can't find my kit."
3. "Can I borrow a pen? I swear I'll give it back." (I never do.)
4. "Do you have any snacky bits?"
6. "I love you."
7. "Damn it!"
8. "Where's my camera?"
(It seems that I ask a lot of questions.)
8 Books I’ve Read Recently.
1. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
2. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (oh, how I love him)
3. The Princess Bride edited by William Goldman
4. Writer's Market 2008
5. 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult
6. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Those are the books I've read in the last few weeks. I can't remember two more. That's shameful! I used to read all the time - at the hairdresser when I was little, on the bus, in the shower (yes), during lunch breaks at my old job - but lately I haven't had much time for reading.
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over.
1. With Or Without You - U2
2. Street Spirit - Radiohead
3. Fitzcarraldo - The Frames
4. Hysteria - Muse
5. Sweet Virginia - Gomez (acoustic version)
6. Paperback Writer - The Beatles (I used to foolishly think this was my theme song.)
7. The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
8. Happy Birthday (cha cha cha) - Sung by my nephew, C.
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends.
1. They make me laugh.
2. They're inspiring.
3. I can count on them for ANYTHING.
4. They're patient with my chaotic schedule, short fuse, and disappearing acts.
5. They love me as I am.
6. They make me want to be a better person.
7. I consider them family.
8. They are open to change.
People I Think Should Do Crazy 8s.
1. Whoever would like to fill their day with a meme.