New England Snow Day Survival List.
3. Shovel or soup pot to shove aside snow with.
4. Bucket of sand to throw on the icy sidewalks and porch, or cat litter, which is a weirder yet still effective alternative.
5. Ice scraper to remove the caked up layers of winter wonderland from your windshield.
6. Moments consulting the "Dopplah radah," which advises as to the track of the storm.
7. Warm, fat cats to sleep on your feet to keep your toes warm yet awkwardly immobile.
8. Enough insulin in your pump to make consuming mass quantities of bread-and-milk soup possible.
9. Job that makes it easy to work from home while the snowflakes fall fast and furiously.
10. Internet connection.
11. Extra carton of milk, just in case a pack of wild Vikings come to visit and clamor for French toast.
12. And more bread.