Quick Friday Bits and Pieces
Heading out the door for the holiday weekend -- but first: The Friday Six!
1. I'm a huge fan of Pandora, with its station creation capability and how it shows me all kinds of different bands that are in line with other bands I already like. Today, a co-worker led me to SeeqPod Music, which is like a programmable Pandora. You don't have to download any music and it's safe for work environments that won't allow you to download software to your computer. It's like iTunes on the go.
2. Ye Olde Bridal Shoppe called me today and told me that my wedding gown has arrived and I need to schedule my first fitting. I. Am. So. Excited. I'm curious to work out the pump pocket plan.
3. Speaking of pumping, I will start on my Paradigm 522 tonight. My arm site, which has served me well this week, is finally starting to feel a bit sore when I bolus, so it's time to pull it out. New infusion set will bring out the New Pump. And next week, I'll trial the Minimed GCM component for a few months. More on this later.
4. Last night's run proved that even the most awkward parts of me can eventually be trained to a higher level. I felt stronger during my run last night than I have over the past two (grueling) weeks. Chris tells me that running is a great way to burn fat fast, in preparation for May. My plan is to keep at it at least through the end of January and see what kind of headway I've made. Who out there has done some running? How do you manage those rapidly-falling numbers? Ed suggested working in some protein to my pre-workout snack. I'm game to try anything.
5. Can't focus. Silliness reigns supreme. What the heck are these cats doing wearing Santa hats? And how can I get Sausage to sit still long enough so I can do the same to her?
6. We're off to RI for the Christmas holiday, spending some quality time with friends, Romans, and countrymen. After we brave 95 North for 59,047 hours first. Grrr, highway.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you. Stay healthy! And for crying out loud, have some fun.