Sick Day Meme.
And so we have another meme. Yes, I'm cutting corners here for NaBloPoMo, but I'm sick, damnit!
1. Were you named after anyone? No. But my father did chose the names for my brother and sister and I. But I do like my name and am again on the fence about what to do with the “Morrone” part of it when I get married. I’m currently leaning towards swapping out my middle name, Lynn, and taking on Morrone as my middle name. Kerri Morrone Sparling.
2. When was the last time you cried? The day before Thanksgiving. I miss my grandmother terribly.
3. Do you like your handwriting? I despise my cursive (it’s completely illegible) but my printing is tiny, neat, and precise. I write like a typewriter.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Chicken breast, thickly sliced. Yum!
5. Do you have kids? Not yet.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I think so. I’d have so much in common with me. ;)
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Of course not.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? I do.
9. Would you bungee jump? No thank you.
10. What is your favorite cereal? Ah, the guilty indulgence of Golden Grahams. I love that stuff, and there’s a guy in my office who has a box of G.G. stashed in his desk. It’s been a serious show of willpower not to go ransack his stash.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. Mostly, I wear dress shoes or flip flops (I’m not much for in-between), and they slip right on and off.
12. Do you think you are strong? Physically, I’m working on it. Mentally, I’m steely.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Black raspberry from St. Claire’s Annex in Watch Hill.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Whether they look friendly or not.
15. Red or Pink? I don’t really like either. I prefer blue or gray.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I have crippling moments of insecurity. But they pass.
17. Who do you miss the most? Grammie.
18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Blue yoga pants and flip flops. (I’m home sick.)
20. What was the last thing you ate? A cup of Prince of Wales tea, some oatmeal, and the gross antibiotic pill.
21. What are you listening to right now? The band Elbow, the sound of the dryer, and my hands clicking against the keyboard.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I’d be the sharpener in the back of the box of Crayola 96.
23. Favorite smells? Hazelnut coffee, shampoos, Clean perfume, and the way Chris’s shirts smell.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My mom. She was calling to check on her sicky kid.
25. Favorite sports to watch? RED SOX BASEBALL. What else is there?
26. Hair color? Light brown with blonde highlights.
27. Eye color? Grayish blue.
28 .Do you wear contacts? No.
29. Favorite food? Fresh summer fruits.
30. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? I cannot stand scary movies. Every time I’m forced to watch one, I cover my face with my hands. I watched the entire “28 Days Later” through the threads in Chris’s sweater, terrified.
31. Last movie you watched? The Life Aquatic on DVD.
32 What color shirt are you wearing? An old, light blue Local Motion long sleeve t-shirt. Again, I’m home sick.
33. Summer or winter? Summer. I am most at home on the beach.
34. Hugs or kisses? I’m not much of a toucher, but if we’re friends or family, I’d love a hug. If you’re Chris, go ahead and plant a kiss on me, too.
35. Favorite dessert? Holy crème brulee.
36. What is on your mousepad? Currently, the logo from my blog. :)
37. What did you watch on TV last night? Nothing. I went to bed early due to aforementioned plague.
38. Favorite sound? The ocean. And music. And when Sausage purrs in my ear. The sound of my fiancé’s voice. My mom’s laughter. I’m an auditory junkie.
39. Rolling Stones or Beatles? There is no comparison here. Beatles. They are still relevant, and their music is still touching lives.
40. What is the farthest you have been from home? California? St. John? I don’t know which is further, but I know I’m itching to go to Ireland.
41. Do you have a special talent? I can crochet. I can also write a song parody almost instantly. And hopefully, I can make you laugh.
- 30 -
I'm off to take a nap and attempt to sleep off more of this nonsense plague. If you're NaBloPoMo-ing, grab this meme and run with it!