And the Award Goes To...
I will be loading up the rafting pictures tonight (including the one of the raft guide yelling at me to stay tough), but in the meantime, I've had the honor of receiving two very nice bloggy awards.
Amy Mercer over at Dreaming of Water awarded me the Thinking Blogger Award. She chose a handful of chronic illness blogs to highlight. Since this is a diabetes-focused blog, I'm chosing to deviate from diabetes and highlight some of my favorite non-diabetes blogs:
1. Aprigliano. He makes me laugh, he's tech-savvy, and he's married to one of the only people who can make me laugh with a mere syllable.
2. M.O.M. Monica paints pictures with her words that have the most vibrant colors. Her perspectives always make me think. And she tolerates the fact that cartoons are based on my life.
3. Breathe. This blogger, new to the blogosphere, finds words for the moments that render others mute. The moments that Lynn chooses to capture are beautiful and poignant.
4. The Full Stop. Nothing makes me happier than reading Kieran's musings. His musical talent is undeniable and he quips about in ways that bring me great joy. He makes me think as well as makes me laugh.
5. Que Sera Sera. I've been reading this blogger for about a year now and she makes me snicker at the most mundane things. Definitely a blog to check out.
Here are the rules, should any of these bloggers choose to accept their mission to share their thinking bloggers of choice. If the bloggers choose to participate, please make sure to pass the rules on to the next Thinking Blogs you tag:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).
This award was began by Ilker Yoldas at The Thinking Blog. The mission is to create a linky thinky trail (my ridiculous phrase, not theirs, as they sound much brighter when they talk) to spread the word about great blogs.
Birdie at Aiming for Grace. She hits her target every time. I am always impressed by her writing.
Shannon at Mom Wants a Cure because she makes me laugh, cry, and fear being poked on Facebook at all times.
and Jill at Navigum. Diabetes doesn't appear to define her, either, and her stories about tofu pups and bizarre life happenings make her blog a must-read.
Thanks for thinking of me! Cheers to the blogosphere!